X

I love my Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my Kat

I just wanted to rant for a second and say that people are really ignorant when they say that a Katana is a starter bike, I love riding my Kat, no its not as fast as some other bikes ive riden before, but i love my bike. Im never worried about what people think about my ride but people's ignorance amazes me.

anyone else ever hear stuff like this?

Fife

Of course we do! But, that is uaually said by all the stuntin' posers and wannabe riders. Most guys I ride with don't care what you're on, as long as you're on two wheels!
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

dude we live in jax. where sportbikes are all anyone wants to ride and all the local shops want to sell to mil. thats why the most of us ride away from jville.
      sigpic

Comment

People hate on the katana because they never ride more than 100 miles on their race reps.

Katana=Mustang GT
        GSXR= Saleen
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i rode about an hour on a CBR 929 and my nuts hurt so bad

Comment

irde on av.2-3 hours and no problems. my buddy tries that and can't do it he has to stop alott
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
              Of course we do! But, that is usually said by all the stuntin' posers and wannabe riders. Most guys I ride with don't care what you're on, as long as you're on two wheels!
              Exactly!!

Comment

I was in wendys yesterday ordering lunch, the order taker kid looks at my helmet and asks what I ride. Told him I had an older Katana 600. He looks disgusted and says "Oh is that your first bike". Told him no that I'd been riding for 10+ years and I really liked my Kat. Then asked what he rode. He says that he doesn't ride, but is thinking about buying a R1. Had to just walk away laughing, knowing that soon there would be one less idiot in the world.

I Love My Kat

Comment

I thrive on having stuff that people usually don't buy, that's one of the reasons I luv my Kat, plus it's comfy and Uneek!! I don't think I will ever get rid of it, if I wanna go faster I will just do an engine swap. I mean that's what most of the Honda boys do with there civics right???
                  02 Katana 600 R.I.P

Comment

I've had my bike almost two weeks and all of my buddies just say come and ride when it gets nice. Anyone that does not like the bike can take a 100+ mile trip with me this summer and see what they think.

Comment

whats funny is that when i was in high school, all the kids were like dude that suzuki is awesome!!! they thought it was like a supersport. im like nope, its more like a sport touring/middleweight sportbike. One of the kids in school had a older zx7r like a 1994. I heard him in one of my classes dissing the kat. hes like my bike would smoke his. I just laughed cause the kid just bought the bike. never ridden a motorcycle before in his life. thought he was the sh*t. all the kids he was talking were like laughing at me. well after school, the kid started up his bike and reved it really loud. popped the clutch and went right into the back a of girls parents lexus. i felt bad for him because that would have been super embarressing but he was all right. bike was damaged pretty bad. the next week when i saw him again, i said UR right your bike is faster than mine. i would have never taken off that quickly>>>> lol Karma. Lol. the funny part was that as he was picking up his plastics off the ground i just drove away nice and slow. lol dumb kids
                      Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                      Current Bikes:
                      1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

When I first got my bike I heard the same thing from a few. Got new tires, and started pushing them up the hills, they started commenting on how quick Kats were.

/shrug

I don't ride with people like that anymore. Now the conversations are "Whats comfortable to ride?"....

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

these stories amuse me i cant wait to get some of my own to share.

Comment

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
                            Of course we do! But, that is uaually said by all the stuntin' posers and wannabe riders. Most guys I ride with don't care what you're on, as long as you're on two wheels!
                            Two wheels is two wheels is two wheels.

if you got 4 wheels and i've got 2 wheels, chances are you have an inexplicable urge to run me over.

Comment

man you gguys are making me miss my super comfy kat.

Comment

Working...
                              X