X

Has anyone added new sprockets yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone added new sprockets yet?

i got a 05 katana 600 and i went with 2 down in the front and 3 up in the back i havent put em on yet but im gnna do here soon just wnting to see if anyone has doen anything like that and i wnna see how it does

2 down in the front? So a 13t? Good luck with chain life, IF the chain doesn't sit on the sprocket hub.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I did 1 down in the front (which I was iffy about) and 3 up in the back. Do you like doing wheelie's on accident?

Comment

I installed a 49 vortex in the rear 2 yrs ago sacrificed some top end for some lower / midrange grunt. I like it
        sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Motorcycle speed and sprocket calculator with bike database for gearing, sprockets, tires and chains of over 1900 bikes. Request yours to be added as well.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

im just gnna send back the front sprocket back and go with 1 down and use the 3 up in the back

Comment

^^^ That's what I did.
              02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
              90 GSXR 750/1216
              96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
              87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
              sigpic

Comment

i went down 1 up front and up 3 out back and always loved the extra grunt but it was aggravating riding 70 at like 6 grand on the tack.

Comment

i just installed a +2 on the back, wasnt able to install a -1 on the front due to the chain washers not allowing the chain to sit properly on the sprocket
                  97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
                  94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

Working...
                  X