X

Thanks, It's Alive.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, It's Alive.

A big thanks to all the members who contribute to the forum and helping newbie's like me.
    It all started when I saw a post of someone with their Kat in the house.
    Just buttoned up the bike from a valve adjustment, fumoto valve install, heated grips, freeway blaster, oval scorpion, amsoil, clutch adjustment, NGK plugs, silverstars, sticker removal, oil filter magnet, cable lube, etc..

It's a good feeling when you do it yourself and the bike starts when your done. (the carbon monoxide detecter works anyways) bike's still in the house, I just backed the butt end out the front door for a test firing.

So if I make it to the rally, just mention you contributed to my success and I'll buy you a beer (this offer limited to the 1st 20 people or until I run out of money).

Thanks All
    Blackdog
    DRz-400e plated
    Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

congrats man! it's a great feeling when you know the bike is running good after you tore it apart, huh? that list of stuff you've done is really impressive!!!

Comment

Congrats!! Nice upgrades.

Comment

Congrats & Impressive
        Currently Riding:
        1995 Katana 600
        V&H Exhaust
        Jet Kit

SOLD
        2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
        1987 XV700 Bobber
        REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

How are those heated grips working? Sounds like fancy stuff. I haven't heard of such a thing on a Kat before...
          Nuff said.

Comment

Hey FullMetal,

I haven't used the heated grips yet other then testing them inside (I'm in Canada and we've got 3 feet of snow), they get real warm as I wired them with a relay and 12 gauge wire to the battery(recommended by some members on the forum).
            I did the install based on the results I got from searching the forum for heated grips.
            The people that use them say they can ride in 40 degree weather with their normal gloves. The install is pretty easy, I was even able to re-use the existing grips. Total cost about $65
            Blackdog
            DRz-400e plated
            Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Hey can I be one of the first 20! Nothing better than doing it yourself!

Comment

Working...
              X