X

hello i need help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello i need help

i just brought a 1993 katana 600 it starts with the choke but as soon as i put it in 1 gear it cuts off can anybody help

Originally posted by CARTELKATANA View Post
    i just brought a 1993 katana 600 it starts with the choke but as soon as i put it in 1 gear it cuts off can anybody help
    First thing I'd check is the side stand kill switch, if your kickstand is down and you put the bike in gear she'll stall, if the plunger(for lack of a better term) that the kickstand pushes is stuck it'll make the bike think the kick stand is down even when it's not and she'll cut out.
    Kyle

Comment

Could also check the clutch safety switch and make sure it's not frayed. Also try waiting for the bike to warm up for a bit more, I know when it was 40 out it took probably 6-9 minutes for mine to warm up enough that the clutch plates would let go and it wouldn't spin in the gravel and stall out.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Lol thats what happened to me when i got my kat, first bike also, so I was bummed when it kept dieing with the kickstand down. My Dad laughed so hard at me.
        2005 Orange/ dark grey Katana 600

Comment

Yup, check the side stand switch.......

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

Comment

kickstand down when you shift into gear ????
              Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

And welcome to KR.

Comment

I agree with them I did the same thing when I 1st bought the Kat, Now since the trans is so sloppy in these bikes I use it to kill the bike when I park I just find my spot pull in with it in gear squeeze the clutch and brake and lower the kick stand , then when I leave I put it in neutral start it and go
                  Last edited by quik89Kat; 02-03-2009, 08:46 PM.
                  1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
                  2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
                  sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
                  Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
                  A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

Yeah the guy I bought mine from was like "I kept trying to get it to go but it kept stalling, later i find out" then me "it has a killswitch"

I only knew about the kickstand killswitch because of my scoot had one

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
                      THE DOC
                      RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                      Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                      mistake when you make it again.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X