X

stupid question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid question

Ok don't flame me for asking this but my bike is really dirty especially under the seat when i take it off. How can i go about washing this area because the battery is right there also some other electronic bits here and there. I don't just want to stick a hose in there with a sponge and damage any electronics. What do you guys do? Windex and a Rag?
    sigpic

I just use some spray on cleaner and a rag. Spray the cleaner on the rag. If you do it everytime you wash the bike, it doesn't build up, and you can stay on top of it.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
      I just use some spray on cleaner and a rag. Spray the cleaner on the rag. If you do it everytime you wash the bike, it doesn't build up, and you can stay on top of it.
      +1
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Pffft..
        In case you guys didn't notice, motorcycles are for the outdoors..
        A build up of crap and lack of attention will do more harm then a little water.

Never use high pressure but do wash.. I use a variety of sponges, brushes and rags and lots of soap, then a rinse with either low pressure from the hose or pour buckets of water over the bike.. Get on the connectors with some di-lectric grease every once and a while.

Comment

If you are worrying about ruining the Underseat area (and Noting that you are In Fort Lauderdale, FL- Im assuming Sand build up) Easy Fix: Go to an Office Depot and Grab a Can of KeyBoard Cleaner (aka Canned Air) or if you have an Air compressor, Just turn it on and Blast it out. Take a damp Cloth and wipe out any residue (Just dont touch both Battery terminals with the wet rag at the same time)

Comment

Ok cool i was just worried about getting the electrical stuff under there wet
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rodimus View Post
              (Just dont touch both Battery terminals with the wet rag at the same time)
              Or other wise!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                A build up of crap and lack of attention will do more harm then a little water.
                Oh OK, now I understand why I'm never nominated for KOTM -- there's a conspiracy against dirty bikes...

Actually, it's nice to just put some music on and clean/polish the bike every so often.

My 1st bike & 3rd Child: Midnight Blue 2005 Kat 750

(Something for the faster-moving projectile fan in us all:
                http://blutube.policeone.com/Clip.as...4238689A5F27F0 )

Comment

Working...
                X