Clutch pressure on 94 Katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch pressure on 94 Katana 600

IWeird Question, humor please.
    I rode my bike for the first time on Sunday and noticed the pressure needed to squeeze the cluch lever is huge. Now I don't have anything to compare to but I do have one question that I can answer on my own when I am on the bike, but does the lever have to be brought in all the way to activate the clutch?
    FROM WORK:
    "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

de-activate the clutch

yes you need the lever pulled in all the way when you are at a stop to prevent the clutch from glazing/burning from drag.

lube the cable. go buy a cable luber tool and take 2 minutes to lube the clutch cable. WD-40 works great to free up sticky cables, after use a good cable lube.
    you might also want to do the throttle and choke cables while your at it.
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

My 92 Katana has a hydraulic clutch. Is yours cable?

Jake

Comment

Katana 1100 was hydraulic

All Kat 600/750 were cable

Lube the cable.

If that doesn't work, check the adjustment. Search the forum and you'll find the STEP BY STEP posted here.

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
          Katana 1100 was hydraulic

All Kat 600/750 were cable
          My 98 600 is hydraulic also with a extremely easy clutch pull.

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
          and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

Comment

I will check the cable. It maybe me being a wuss, because while I was riding for the first time it was in the subdivision so I was constantly stopping and starting and my hand started to ache. I'll just have to do some grip excercises.
            FROM WORK:
            "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

YOu also have adjustments on the top end near the clutch lever and on the bottom end near your gear shift that you can make to give you an easier pull in....mine was a PAIN to pull in at one time but good thing that was my "batin'" hand LMAO!!!!
              I like'em naked!!

Comment

I would replace the cable...... they're cheap.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                X