X

Air fuel mixture screws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
    Have you read my comparison from a long time ago comparing the Motion Pro and the Morgan? I asked the same question.

Tmod
    I like my old Motion Pro with the glass tubes. Has been working really well for about 23 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
      Hardly can correct me if I'm wrong here:

I think the only sych tool that you can actually calibrate is the new Motion Pro tool.
      I think by calibrate he might have meant check each stick against a the same vacuum source to ensure they read the same. Adjustment isn't possible but noting the delta is.
      Considering that the exercise of synching has little to do with actual vacuum levels but consistency I would have to agree that making sure you have that consistency is very important..
      exactly

I tested my merc sticks and they are off slightly and not adjustable as they use a single reservior.

I use the motion pro because its so easy to read, adjustable so it can be calibrated, does not jump around like the merc sticks and safe to use if fluid did happen to get sucked into the engine.

i tested the analog guages with a single manifild to all 4 and they were all off. 1 was way off. And they were not adjustable. That was a waist of $600. the shop i was working for at the time replaced it with a digital set, I stuck with the old yellow motion pro unil I got the new merc free unit

like I said I would be very interested to hook up a carbtube to a manifiold and test the calibration just for ****s and giggles. who knows maybe they are that good.. but with one flawed unit just on this board alone kinda makes me wonder.
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
        exactly

I tested my merc sticks and they are off slightly and not adjustable as they use a single reservior.

I use the motion pro because its so easy to read, adjustable so it can be calibrated, does not jump around like the merc sticks and safe to use if fluid did happen to get sucked into the engine.

i tested the analog guages with a single manifild to all 4 and they were all off. 1 was way off. And they were not adjustable. That was a waist of $600. the shop i was working for at the time replaced it with a digital set, I stuck with the old yellow motion pro unil I got the new merc free unit

like I said I would be very interested to hook up a carbtube to a manifiold and test the calibration just for ****s and giggles. who knows maybe they are that good.. but with one flawed unit just on this board alone kinda makes me wonder.
        I did test it with a common ported manifold and that is how I came up with one of them were out of tolerance.

Tmod

Comment

Hardly.
          That was what kind of started this whole thing. After getting some technical data from Motion Pro I decided that it was the superior tool. Tmod was good enough to get some side by side comparisons.

I don't know where the data I posted is but for those interested the NEW Motion pro uses a proprietary glycerin mixture as the measuring fluid and a sort of balance volume to allow calibration and to make up for the lower density of the fluid.
          While the fluid would only be available from Motion Pro at this time Hg is virtually impossible to get.

Comment

a/f screws???

Can someone show me a picture or tell me where the air/fuel mixture screw is located? A picture would be best.

Comment

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
              From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
              this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

Post #4

Comment

Working...
              X