X

Horns anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horns anyone?

I just installed these horns on my bike and they are cool as F***! They sound so good, I bought a second set!

Is it a Bike or an old Buick?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_699wt_1355

"Super loud 125 decibels"

Nice. Bet everyone here's you when you're horniiee... I mean honking.

Comment

Ive been considering an air horn for the longest time, wouldnt be too hard.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        Ive been considering an air horn for the longest time, wouldnt be too hard.
        These are just Electric. Together they sound great! either one on its own, sort of sound lame!

I've got them mounted in a good spot, as they do not sound loud to me, but if your in front, you'll jump, and most have said, thats too much! I reply, not on the freeway when your changing lanes into me!

Comment

I got a horn like that. It's a Fiamm Freeway Blaster. Just one tone, low.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            I got a horn like that. It's a Fiamm Freeway Blaster. Just one tone, low.
            I was looking at that one as well but I thought it might be too loud! So I went with the old school trumpet type sound. It's still plenty loud at 125 db.

It sound just like a horn from a sixty's Buick.

Comment

I have the Stebel nautilus, it has 139dbs of get your a*s out of my way!
              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I want some freight train horns!
                sigpic
                2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

Originally posted by GSXfs600 View Post
                  I was looking at that one as well but I thought it might be too loud! So I went with the old school trumpet type sound. It's still plenty loud at 125 db.

It sound just like a horn from a sixty's Buick.
                  I got the Freeway Blaster , and it's not TOO loud ( I mean really , what IS "too loud" ). But unless I have it up above idle a few hundred revs , it often won't make any noise . I guess it draws too much current or something . But it DOES sound just like a car , which tends to freak many people out .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                    I got the Freeway Blaster , and it's not TOO loud ( I mean really , what IS "too loud" ). But unless I have it up above idle a few hundred revs , it often won't make any noise . I guess it draws too much current or something . But it DOES sound just like a car , which tends to freak many people out .
                    Try a relay! With a relay, it will be loud even at idle, and you wont fry your horn button.

Comment

Originally posted by alien View Post
                      Nice. Bet everyone here's you when you're horniiee... I mean honking.
                      Did rydethis hijack your Katriders account, Alien?
                      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

hey can you post up some pics of your mounting location? I got some PIAA sport horns, and they are great. However, I'm not really happy with the mounting location.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheel View Post
                          hey can you post up some pics of your mounting location? I got some PIAA sport horns, and they are great. However, I'm not really happy with the mounting location.
                          ditto, need better horns out here in cali.

Comment

Got around to taking a pic of them.

Last edited by GSXfs600; 01-31-2009, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Ive always found humor in all the horn mods. Dont get me wrong. They are a great mod. I just find humor in it because all you guys are putting these loud horns on and I took mine off to get space for more controls on my bar.
                              Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                              6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                              5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X