Help help help! 95' 600 kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help help help! 95' 600 kat

Hi All,
    Ok, i have nearly finished my winter rebuild of my 95 600 kat, and thought i best change the plugs whilst the bike is stripped.... so can i find a spanner/wrench to take the plugs out!?!? - NOPE! does anyone have a spare or can tell me 'EXACTLY' what tool to get!?!

Many thanks
    You Only Live Once... Live it...

The one from the tool kit works best. You'll need a thin wall one.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Go down to your local parts store and get a spark plug socket to fit the plug. It's a 14mm I think, some one will correct me if I'm wrong.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
        The one from the tool kit works best. You'll need a thin wall one.

+1
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

yeah i dont have the tool kit. I cant seem to find the right one anywhere. thanks anyways

Comment

You might be able to use a thin wall deep socket of the correct size to get it loose, then unscrew it with a length of tubing.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

18mm
              Motion Pro - High quality cables, tools and controls for motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles and personal watercraft.

in 96 when they went to NGK C series plugs it's 5/8", but in 95 it's 18mm.

you know, one post is enough.
              Last edited by arsenic; 01-20-2009, 05:14 PM.

Comment

thanks arsenic for the link!

Comment

even though i dont have the original parts kit im sure i can find the right tool in my dad's garage. i mean seriously i will never have to buy anything besides specialty tools because this glorious sperm donor has everything.

Comment

I've got a 94 and it's an 18mm as well. The standard socket fit with out needing the thin wall. It was pretty straight forward after that point. The local NAPA had the socket, but I'm sure you could find one just about anywhere. Make sure you get a long extension too. That will help out.
                    -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
                    -My wife

Comment

Working...
                    X