X

Where to get battery?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get battery?

I need a new battery for my 94 600...Is this something I could find at Costco or Shucks auto or am I stuck going to the stealership?
    Cheers,
    -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
    -My wife

I got mine from Walmart and it worked fine

The more expensive brands will last longer (Yuasa) and be less maintenance, but the initial cost is kinda high.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i got a sealed maintence free battery on ebay for $95 shipped and ive bought a maintence battery from the dealership for $45. just to show you some options. sealed maintence free battery are ready right away to install on the bike and the maintence battery you need to fill the acid and then charge the battery for about 12 hours before its ready to be in the bike.
      Chrome Project Part 1
      http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Parts Unlimited dealers can get you a a Parts unlimited battery (Yuasa specs) for close to 1/2 the cost of the brand name unit.
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I got a sealed battery from Fleet Farm. Might be Farm and Fleet elsewhere. Mills and Blaine, I've never figured the story out... two brothers started two different chains or something like that. Anyways, Izzy, your avitar rules

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
            I got a sealed battery from Fleet Farm. Might be Farm and Fleet elsewhere. Mills and Blaine, I've never figured the story out... two brothers started two different chains or something like that. Anyways, Izzy, your avitar rules
            Thanks!

And thanks to all for the recommendations.
            -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
            -My wife

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
              I got mine there too, I bought the 98+ one. It's smaller but should do the job. It was like $20 cheaper then the pre 98 one..

Comment

You can go to Walmart and buy a new battery for a GS500.

The only difference is the drain tube is on the opposite side.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                  I got mine there too, I bought the 98+ one. It's smaller but should do the job. It was like $20 cheaper then the pre 98 one..
                  A sealed battery that's cheaper than the old-style ? Dude !
                  I just get mine from JCW when I need them , which surprisingly ain't all that often . You gotta fill and charge it yourself (they DO come with the acid , though) , but for like $35 shipped ( I think that's what it was last time I bought one ...) , I'm happy enough . And it's still going strong after a few years and some abuse .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

JC Whitney...they do sell motorcycle stuff...haven't checked them out in a while.

Comment

CycleGear sells lifetime batteries.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...=CTO_megaboost
                      Last edited by GSXfs600; 01-21-2009, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Checkers Schucks Kragens sells them for about $55, be sure to bring the core.
                        Grab life by the horns and punch it in the nose!

sigpic

Comment

I like Batteries Plus for mc batteries. Prices are good, good customer service.
                          "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post

pick up a battery tender from them if you dont have one yet

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
                              Just picked up a battery for my '89 from them. They told me it is a Yuasa and it was only $46.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X