X

Chain and Sprocket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain and Sprocket

i'm planning on putting a 50 tooth sprocket on the rear. i'm gonna keep the 14 on the front, so my question is: will a 120 link chain fit? if not, what link chain do i need? i have an 02 600 if that makes a difference. thanks

Motorcycle speed and sprocket calculator with bike database for gearing, sprockets, tires and chains of over 1900 bikes. Request yours to be added as well.

according to that, 118 should be ok. for a 98+
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

14 isn't stock for a 98+ 15 is, and yes 120 will be fine. 118 is stock for 15/47 120 dude Let's work this out mathematically. stock is 15/47 118. Now add 1 link per tooth (even #'s ONLY) You are going 14/50 that 3 up in back, 1 down in front, so that's 2 links. 118 + 2 = 120
      Last edited by arsenic; 01-14-2009, 10:01 PM.

Comment

wow! i never get tired of the ingeniousness! i meant 15 tooth in the front(i don't know where i got 14 from), so i guess 120 will still work?

Comment

im not sure how many front teeth my current sp[rocket has but i know the back is a 42. but i just bought a kit from rk that will take it back to stock so selavie(sp?)

Comment

Originally posted by ADyingBreed View Post
            selavie(sp?)
            Was that an attempt at c'est la vie?
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

in theory it should be 122, but yes, 120 is fine

Comment

Originally posted by ADyingBreed View Post
                im not sure how many front teeth my current sp[rocket has but i know the back is a 42. but i just bought a kit from rk that will take it back to stock so selavie(sp?)
                "C'est la vie" which is French for "that is life" "

Comment

Working...
                X