• swing arm

what metal is the swing arm made of?

steel

Comment

Depends on the year.

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
        Depends on the year.
        2006,im wondering the grade of steel.gonna have a welder extend it,and need to know specs of the metal.

Comment

I don't know what "grade" it is, I just know it's steel. And no, it does not depend on the year ALL Katana swing arms are steel

Comment

O.K. Now you gave me somewhat of the specifics of what bike. Steel. If it is a Kat.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              I don't know what "grade" it is, I just know it's steel. And no, it does not depend on the year ALL Katana swing arms are steel
              then explain to me how I polished my 1100 katana ALUMINUM swingarm? it does depend on the year
              Attached Files
              1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
              2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
              sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
              Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
              A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

cause it's an 1100. You wanna split more hairs here? The 600 and 750 which 90% of this forum have are steel, period, thank you.
                Last edited by arsenic; 01-11-2009, 04:44 PM.

Comment

cause it's an 1100. You wanna split mor hairs here? The 600 and 750 which 90% of this forum have are steel, period, thank you.
                  jeez im just messin with dude , you did say all kats where steel though
                  1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
                  2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
                  sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
                  Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
                  A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

Originally posted by trash View Post
                    2006,im wondering the grade of steel.gonna have a welder extend it,and need to know specs of the metal.
                    For something like a swing arm, I'm guessing 1018.
                    2000 Katana 600
                    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Somehow i really hope Trash has an 1100
                      Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

well tone, since he has a 2006, I doubt it's an 1100. If you took five seconds before opening your yapper to check his garage he has a 2006 750, I win

Comment

Just messin' with ya dude. I'm sick and miserable so I thought I would share the wealth.

Comment

well tone, since he has a 2006, I doubt it's an 1100. If you took five seconds before opening your yapper to check his garage he has a 2006 750, I win
                            Well if it means so much to you ...... well done you're a winner got your prize here if you'd like to collect

fyi i've never been in the garage & never will so you can shut yer yapper on that one
                            thanks
                            Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
                              For something like a swing arm, I'm guessing 1018.
                              cool,thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X