Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Please show everyone...... GRAPHIC!!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you NERO!!!
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

I don't perceive riding a motorcycle to be a "sport."

For me, it is a means of transportation. Sure there is "sport" in transport, but that's irrelevent Sure, it's fun, and sporty. But riding a bike on the street should never be considered a sport. That's when accidents like those depicted on that site happen!

Comment

Wheel..... You ride a bike around NYC/NJ/PA and it is a sport. A sport of dodging cagers constantly....
        I am a Penn State fanatic.
        Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
          Wheel..... You ride a bike around NYC/NJ/PA and it is a sport. A sport of dodging cagers constantly....
          same here, seems like every non driving kid decided they just had to go to school in Tallahassee FL....ehh i guess some of them stay after graduation.....because there are non driving ppl of all ages here....worst driving city i have ever lived in.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

I kinda didn't like the approach but whatever.
            it does kinda feel *******ish
            like it's more against bikers, than it is against wearing gear. that's what i got out of it.
            yeah, unfortunately there's a lot of squids, but what you gonna do?
            it's alright. People make decisions, unfortunately everyone suffers.
            yet, someone will change their mind once they decide they're tired to live the way they do. not before.

and i dont think they're pushing anyone...just chill bro.
            "We are not limited by our abilities. Only by our vision."

-Unknown.

1998 GSX600F Katana

All stock except paint (Hazard "school bus" orange)

sigpic

Comment

Yup, that will turn your stomach.

Also, most people that are wanting a bike should look at that before buying one... just to see the risk involved. A lot of the fatalities on there looked like they were due to people in cars, not the bikers.
              Project "I wear my sunglasses at night" is complete: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103420

Comment

I think it should be refigured as a protest against careless cagers.... since most of the accidents on there were cage-caused.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Well, there's the whole "chicks dig scars" mentality- I guess that site kinda went the other way...I'm atgatt, not that it would prevent me from dying if I planted my head into the back of a semi at 120...Seems like the site is as much about people doing stupid shyte as it is people wearing stupid shyte.

Edit: To be clear- this does not mean that I don't do stupid shyte. I do it plenty.
                  Last edited by Free Coffee; 09-24-2009, 10:00 PM.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                  -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

This isn't something to be worried about.

Let's talk about relative safety. If you are inexperienced as a rider, unfamiliar with your bike, or drive crazy you are more likely to die on a motorcycle than other riders. Gear is so obvious...I'll let others cover that one. Here's 3 alternatives to the way the website thinks about this.

i) Scooters vs Motorcycles
                    2005 mortality (from http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...51351&page=2):
                    Cars/light trucks: 78/million
                    Scooter mortality: 129/million
                    Motorcycles: : 645/million

Motorcycles are generally designed to be maneurverable while scooters are made to be light and economical. This isn't true of all scooters, especially some of the newer ones. Generally though a scooter has smaller tires which make it less stable, stop slower and accelerate slower. In general it's harder to accelerate, swerve or brake to avoid an accident on a scooter. So if a motorcycle is better at avoiding accidents why are scooters statistically safer? Two reasons 1) motorcycles can go faster, sometimes a lot faster than scooters. If you wreck on a scooter going 30 mph you'll suffer much less than if you're taking a 50mph corner at 135mph. 2) Daredevels would never bother with a scooter and would instead go straight to the motorcycle.

If you put only scooter riders on motorcycles would motorcycles have the same mortality rate as cars? I think so.

ii) Perception doesn't reflect usage and reality:
                    "A bus with 40 passengers goes one mile without an accident, and it is counted as 40 safe miles traveled, compared to your one mile. Then, add in the fact that motorcycles simply aren't ridden the number of miles in a year that a car is used. In fact, we average only about 30% of automobile usage. Oh, and they count dirt bike miles, too, and ATVs, which obviously results in a lot more accidents "per mile traveled." Ever see someone go off-roading in the family sedan, or better yet, a fully-loaded school bus? "

(from: http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/the...list-3402.html)

iii) Inexperienced riders
                    Motorcycle rider mortality rates in one study were about 0.08% for bikes less than 4 years old, 0.054% bikes 4-6 years old, and 0.029% for bikes 7-11 years old. Chances are greater that you've been riding for years if you have an older bike.

Summary: If you're new to riding take the MSF course, wear your gear, and ride within your limits. Don't drive scared, do be informed, smart and prepared. Most of all though have fun.
                    Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

Jesus! make me want to ride at about 20 miles an hour
                      sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

Originally posted by ct3 View Post
                        Jesus! make me want to ride at about 20 miles an hour
                        Scout went down at >20...still peels the 'ole skin right off. Kinda like jumping off a golf cart onto an unlubricated sandpaper slip 'n slide.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                        -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

GAH I hadn't looked at that site for a few months... it's good to have those images in the back of your mind before throwing a leg over.
                          Originally posted by katanawarrior
                          I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

That site gets posted here every once and a while, I agree with you whitecl0ver.

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
                            yeah every time some one tells me to be careful my response is "I'm always careful is the other 90 million dumb asses i'm worried about"
                            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

There is some seriously grisly stuff on that site.

Comment

Alright, that was pretty wild and scary stuff. I actually just passed a girl today while I was riding that was wearing a helmet, long sleeve t-shirt, and really short shorts, and me in my helmet, riding jacket, boots, long jeans, and gloves. I couldn't help but use some rather unflattering words to describe her.

I then smoked a butterfly with my helmet and watched it drop dead to the road, but that's got nothing to do with gear.
                                Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

Working...
                                X