Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Please show everyone...... GRAPHIC!!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always wear every bit of gear I have. I'm not worried about me, I'm not gonna crash my bike. It's the other people I worry about...
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

yeah every time some one tells me to be care my response is "I'm always careful is the other 90 million dumb asses i'm worried about"

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
        yeah every time some one tells me to be care my response is "I'm always careful is the other 90 million dumb asses i'm worried about"
        If there were ONLY 90,000,000 dumba$$es, the world would be a MUCH safer place!!

Originally posted by Nero
        "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
        SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

Very rough site. They may not come out an directly say it, but I got the opinion they are trying to steer people away from riding period. "ride2die" "live to ride - ride to die"?? Those slogans didn't come from a rider. They came from someone who lost a loved one.

Fact of the matter is, everyone out there should have the common sense to know and realize what would could happen if in an accident. It is there God given choice to wear gear or not to wear gear. Would that site help someone change their mind about wearing gear? Maybe. However, IMO, seems like the are geared in trying to scare people away from riding, not have them properly geared up.

Comment

That site is tough, but it's nothing new to any of us. Having said that, it's probably best to look at these things every now-and-again and remind ourselves of the dangers we face every time we get on our bikes. It's too easy to put images like these in the back of our heads and think "That'll never happen to me". I try my best to keep my mind in check when I ride. Whenever I feel the need to open the throttle a little more or debate whether to stop for that yellow light or not... I think about the consequences small actions like that could have on my family.

It's not broken bones and blood that scare me - rather the way the lives of my wife and boys would be changed forever. I don't know about you guys, but it was almost harder for me to look at the pictures of deceased riders holding their kids than it was to see the gory wreck pictures.
            Originally posted by katanawarrior
            I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

It's a good reminder to everyone of the possible ramifications of the decisions we make. Each and every one of us is human and extremely fragile. Cars are great protection, for the most part. On a bike we have none. Gear is great if you go sliding down the highway, but if you are run over by a truck, t-bone someone who turn in front of you, or are hit by a car, gear counts for nothing.

It is a good reminder, and it is a good thing to remember. Be extra careful always. Don't assume anyone can see you. Be the passer, not the passed. Give yourself plenty of room, and ALWAYS ride well within your limits.

Ride to LIVE.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheel View Post
                It's a good reminder to everyone of the possible ramifications of the decisions we make. Each and every one of us is human and extremely fragile. Cars are great protection, for the most part. On a bike we have none. Gear is great if you go sliding down the highway, but if you are run over by a truck, t-bone someone who turn in front of you, or are hit by a car, gear counts for nothing.

It is a good reminder, and it is a good thing to remember. Be extra careful always. Don't assume anyone can see you. Be the passer, not the passed. Give yourself plenty of room, and ALWAYS ride well within your limits.

Ride to LIVE.

The stats on alcohol level were pretty interesting and maybe those were where the pics came from. If you're stupid enough to ride drunk, then don't expect any sympathy from me. You may have taken yourself out of the gene pool, but your legacy is raising my insurance rates.
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

There were some speed wrecks there, but there were several left turning cars and even some red light crashes. Kind of reminds me of the 'Blood on the Highway' days of drivers ed. If you look at it though after watching Blood on the Highway you took getting behind the wheel a little more serious.
                  Do not think that you are ok with no gear if you do not speed. I dropped my bike in a gravel parking lot. There was a pretty good scratch (through the paint chipped the plastic) in the helmet. Had I not been wearing the helmet it would have been my head. I do not think it would have killed me, but it really would have hurt.

Comment

I'm with shifty on this one, If i die, im not going to be the one thats sad. it going to be my parents, brothers, nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts, girlfriend, and friends that have to suffer.

They are simply stating not to drive like a moron. WHich most of us don't. and watch out for others. the video of the dude that got rear ended at the stop light on the cop cam, that scared me. I couldnt believe that. I was one of those people that said "it will never happen to me" truth is, it could. and probably will. now that we have the cell phone craze, im sure theres going to be more and more motorcycle crashes out there.

simply put: Watch your A$$
                    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                    Current Bikes:
                    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by yellow_kitty_kat View Post
                      Kind of an a$$holish site.

If you ride a motorcycle, you are going to die? Is that the gist, or did I miss something?
                      thats the same thing i got from the site,seems someone has a vendetta toward bikes/riders...?

Comment

I've always said, as long as you don't do anything stupid, and pay close attention to your surroundings and to what others are doing around you, you'll be okay.
                        02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                        90 GSXR 750/1216
                        96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                        87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                        sigpic

Comment

I understand the point the guy is trying to make, however he presented it in a very poor way. There are better ways to get your message out than to put graphic images of accidents up. Thats just disrespectful to the victims in the pictures. He's basically making them all out to be idiots and alot of those accidents probably aren't even fault of the rider.

Plus, as a web designer, its a very poorly designed site. It reminds me of my first website I made on Geocities when I was 12. And he asks for donations to keep it running? Right.
                          -chuck

[myspace] [facebook]

Comment

Originally posted by xero View Post
                            I understand the point the guy is trying to make, however he presented it in a very poor way. There are better ways to get your message out than to put graphic images of accidents up. Thats just disrespectful to the victims in the pictures. He's basically making them all out to be idiots and alot of those accidents probably aren't even fault of the rider.

Plus, as a web designer, its a very poorly designed site. It reminds me of my first website I made on Geocities when I was 12. And he asks for donations to keep it running? Right.
                            DITO.... The message could have been represented so much better. The site is disorganized, full of misinformation and opinionated comments. Their are some facts on their, but if this was a site for rider it would have 50% support/ 50% against ratio for their information. No less then half and half, this site seems to try to make a mockery of our sport and passion. Sure, it does remind you about not wearing gear or riding like an idiot, but really it should have some positive information.
                            Currently Riding:
                            1995 Katana 600
                            V&H Exhaust
                            Jet Kit

SOLD
                            2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
                            1987 XV700 Bobber
                            REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

I wear most gear all the time. Always a helmet and gloves. Mostly a jacket and boots. Sometimes armored jeans/pants.

That being said I am an adult. I know the consequences of my actions. If I speed I know what will happen. It is still a choice. I think that site just further shows non riders the bad side of the sport. I could make another site with car accidents or sports injuries. Having shock for the sense of shock does not transmit a message at all.....
                              I am a Penn State fanatic.
                              Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

I don't know how I missed this post. Wow!

I'm going to make a point of visiting that site ever so often...
                                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                                X