Fan keeps running

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan keeps running

Hey,

So I just got back from my first long ride on my Kat. I went with a friend who owns a GSXR and I didn't do too bad. We were keeping together most of the time although he let me know he could leave me in the dust if he wanted to

Peculiar thing is, when I got home my fan seemed to keep running for an extremely long time (at least 15 minutes after I shut down). I've noticed the fan runs for quite a while after shorter trips as well however I always put that up as 'just a Katana thing'. Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Yes, it's normal. It's all computer controlled.

Untill I unpluged and removed mine. Now it don't run at all.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I think I read that the fan is a ca. emision thing ( sure I will be corrected if wrong)
      disigned to cool carbs , keep fuel from evaporating
      Some guys have added fans to oil cooler for obvious reasons
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
        I think I read that the fan is a ca. emision thing ( sure I will be corrected if wrong)
        disigned to cool carbs , keep fuel from evaporating
        Your correct.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

so are these on a timer or temp sensor
          other than run the battery down they only keep the smog guys happy, because if I remember right it is not realy that close to the carbs to make a big difference
          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

It has a rubber duct that makes the air flow to the center of the carb rack.

I unplugged and removed mine.

Tmod

Comment

Cool, thanks for the answers all! It sounds like I just found a new mod to do to my bike.

Comment

aha! so some kats do have fans! guy posted a quest in mech 101 about his fan not going off, and i'm like "fan? what fan?" . didn't know about em. well let's chalk up another mark on the universal blackboard for another thing i didn't know about. gotta learn somehow
                thoughts create things

Comment

Yes , the Cali models got a nearly useless fan . Only real function it serves is killing the battery .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                    Yes , the Cali models got a nearly useless fan . Only real function it serves is killing the battery .
                    I saw one of those when I went out riding last year. It tripped me out when I saw the guy's '06 750 had a mesh grille and a fan.
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                      Yeah, while it was running my buddy (who has a GSXR 600) was wondering why. The quote of the day went to him:

"I hope you have a good stock of batteries in the garage"

Comment

Working...
                      X