X

Kat in the top 10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat in the top 10

Cycle World put the 98 Kat 750 in it's Ten Best Used Bikes (under $3000)..
    Pretty good company with the VFR, FZR600, Bandit 12 and the SV650...

yep, I saw that too.

Even the Yami FJ1200 was in it.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I really like the new issue of CW. The kat in the top ten was an added bonus. It's nice how they covered the custom sportbike scene...how it can be tastefully done and not all 'the most chrome and fattest tire wins' way like SSB thinks is mandatory.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Top ten, Nice!!! It is good to see the Kat getting some recognition for being a great bike.
        2007 Honda CBR600rr
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
        sigpic

Comment

The single sided swingarm on the white Busa is cool. Except for the green trim, yuck.
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
            I really like the new issue of CW.
            IMO CW has the most rounded coverage of bikes. Now if Mike Seate moved to CW... I would sign a 10 year subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
              IMO CW has the most rounded coverage of bikes. Now if Mike Seate moved to CW... I would sign a 10 year subscription.
              No kidding. I like Catterson's writing, but Motorcyclist has gotten boring since he took over. I think he fired the full time writing staff and strictly take freelancers. They need some former racers and bike mechanics with some writing skills. And for God's sake, bring back the Hard Numbers charts!

Cycle World has been covering customs brilliantly lately. Much like the British mags do. I usually pick up TWO and Performance Bikes, or Bike at the newstand for the original well thought out European customs.

What is with the U.S. with our fat tires, chrome and candychromepearlflakeghostskull paint jobs? Super Street Bike would be a much better mag if they focused on performance.
              Last edited by freight dog; 01-03-2009, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Oh yeah, I have hated the B-King since I first saw it. No surprise Suzuki has already cancelled it, but I really like the GC B-K in Cycle World. I would absolutely consider it if it looked like that. The one custom B-King said they shaved 44 pounds(!) by changing out the subframe, seat unit and exhaust.

Comment

awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by freight dog View Post
                    No kidding. I like Catterson's writing, but Motorcyclist has gotten boring since he took over.
                    I can't stand Catterson.. I hate Burns even more. They are not Hunter Thompson, they are not covering the '72 election. If you can't write without swearing and making inane references you can't really write can you?

Comment

... I hate Burns even more.

I thought I was the only one!
                      Mike Seate is pretty awesome. He writes about real-world bike topics. I like a lot of his non-bike stuff, too.

Motorcyclist has been disappointing for a while, for me. They really lost me with their pick for Motorcycle of the Year. Out of touch with the real motorcycling world.
                      sigpic

Comment

Three of the last four MotY's have been stupid. I do like the Super Duke, even if it is about $2k overpriced.

I can't stand Catterson.. I hate Burns even more. They are not Hunter Thompson, they are not covering the '72 election. If you can't write without swearing and making inane references you can't really write can you?
                        I believe the foul language is by choice, not necessity. It is about motorcycling after all, not knitting.

In person, I am a foul mouthed SOB. It makes me "colorful".
                        Last edited by freight dog; 01-04-2009, 06:01 PM.

Comment

:
                          This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                          BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Originally posted by freight dog View Post
                            I believe the foul language is by choice, not necessity. It is about motorcycling after all, not knitting.
                            joey b.

Comment

Working...
                            X