X

It hurts when you are broke- really hurts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It hurts when you are broke- really hurts

Finally found an old Gixxer on craigslist, locally, great condition, 2500 bucks, an 1100 at that. My closest to the "holy grail" of old bikes. The only bike I wish for more is a 750 turbo kawi.

But I am broke. Damn, Damn, Damn.

You know how hard it is to find an oil head GSXR 1100 in Alaska?

watched the Barret Jackson Auction yesterday, thinking that cars would be going cheaper since the economy is in the crapper
    I didnt notice things going that cheap
    Sucks being broke,been there
    I assesed my budget a couple years ago , never use credit cards anymore unless I can pay in full on due date
    Most people would be suprised to see how many people are in credit card debt
    We get a tv show called Till Debt due us part, this woman teaches people how to get out of debt ,very interesting
    Last edited by rexazz2; 01-03-2009, 07:45 PM.
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

That's a pretty cool show actually, one of the few things I watch on the idiot box.
      2000 Katana 600
      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisingram View Post
        It hurts when you are broke- really hurts
        Amen.

My pay at work went down 50%, but at least I still have a job and someplace warm to sleep.

Right now I'm utilizing the extras I've accumulated yet never used. This way I feel they were worth while purchases and appreciate what I have now without lusting over something I can't have.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I have a windfall coming in January- but I have to spend it all on bills, no bikes! Sux, big time, to have this dangled in front of me and not able to snatch it!

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
            watched the Barret Jackson Auction yesterday, thinking that cars would be going cheaper since the economy is in the crapper
            I assed my budget a couple years ago , never use credit cards anymore unless I can pay in full on due date
            We get a tv show called Till Debt due us part, this woman teaches people how to get out of debt ,very interesting
            Thats why the US economy is in the shape it is...
            people spending $$$ that does not exist, credit out the wazoo, equity loans, lending companies that will loan any one $$$ for a 25-30% interest rates...
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

was watching again last night
              Carol Shelbys personal 69 shelby sold for I think $675,000
              really WTF , who the heck buys that stuff?
              And if you spent that much do you think he will ever drive it
              Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

was watching again last night
                Carol Shelbys personal 69 shelby sold for I think $675,000
                really WTF , who the heck buys that stuff?
                And if you spent that much do you think he will ever drive it
                I suspect most of the big money sales are fake. The show makes more money in TV revenue than they do in auction fee's. It's more exciting to watch a car sell for 675,000 than 50,000.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                  It's more exciting to watch a car sell for 675,000 than 50,000.
                  'Specially when it's your car...
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisingram View Post
                    Finally found an old Gixxer on craigslist, locally, great condition, 2500 bucks, an 1100 at that. My closest to the "holy grail" of old bikes. The only bike I wish for more is a 750 turbo kawi.

But I am broke. Damn, Damn, Damn.

You know how hard it is to find an oil head GSXR 1100 in Alaska?
                    I had a 84 SE (in Kawasaki green) GPz 750 turbo. Was good and fast and handled like a turd!

I traded it for a 91 Ninja 900.

Comment

I assed my budget a couple years ago , never use credit cards anymore unless I can pay in full on due date
                      Here is the best way to get out of debt. Pay your bill. It's an easy concept to understand. I watched BJ also. I thought it was funny that a piece of do do Beverly Hill Billies car sold for $125k. Also, why in the world would you buy a 1970 Challenger for $60 or 70k when I can buy a brand new 2008 for $36k? I already lived that time period. The cars really were not fetching the high dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
                        Here is the best way to get out of debt. Pay your bill. It's an easy concept to understand.
                        And don't friggin buy things you can't afford. If you work a job where you can make overtime, great. But still set your budget for the money you make on straight time only. O-time will not always be there. That way, even if you're maxed out on your straight time budget, and you work overtime, you still have money to spend.
                        02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                        90 GSXR 750/1216
                        96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                        87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                        sigpic

Comment

I have been lusting after a kat 750 and waiting for my savings to grow, plus the prices to fall. I have only been saving for 2 months, so I only have 1100 so far.
                          I hope to have about 4000.00 by june.

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
                            Also, why in the world would you buy a 1970 Challenger for $60 or 70k when I can buy a brand new 2008 for $36k? I already lived that time period.
                            Personal preference. I'd much rather have the 1970 Charger R/T then the 2007 version. I was born in '88, I never got to drive a real American car
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I guess that is the reason why I don't care for them anymore. I just can't see spending that amount of money on a car that was rotted to pieces then restored. Yeah, I have done it, but the Challenger now is much nicer. Plus it's new..... on the other hand, it is an American car. You still have the big block. Plus modern day cars.... Mustang, Charger, Challenger, GTO, Corvette. Yes, the GTO can pull it's weight.
                              Last edited by Kfreak; 01-02-2009, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X