No announcement yet.
X

Help me with the mean insurance agent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell you what, if I am an insurance agent and someone comes in like this, I am going to pass as well...

Under 30

1300cc

165 hp

189 mph top speed

You buy a Busa for a reason. Cheap insurance is not one of them.
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Busa and any bike with a R or RR is Cash in time for a insurance company.
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

. Also note that most companies ask, "How do you plan on using this bike (commuter, recreation, etc)." Be prepared to answer this.

doas it matter what I say , reather its commuter or pleasure?
        Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

I would imagine if you say it's a commuter, that implies more mileage. The more you drive the bike, the higher chance there is for you to wreck. The higher the chance of being involved in a wreck, the more it costs to insure. It's definitely a factor because almost every insurance company is going to ask that question.

Comment

well, it has an "R" attached to it.........

GSX-1300R

R = High insurance rates, no matter what vehicle it is.

Comment

Originally posted by escahoe
              . Also note that most companies ask, "How do you plan on using this bike (commuter, recreation, etc)." Be prepared to answer this.

doas it matter what I say , reather its commuter or pleasure?
              say you use it for pleasure and use the lowest possible annual mileage. the lower the mileage you say, the lower the premium
              Hello World.

Comment

I was refused coverage for liability only by geico on my kat! Before they looked up my driving record, they said like $350 a year, then they looked at it and said they wouldn't cover me no matter what! So I went online, looked up progressive, entered my info, looked up my driving record...... $155 a year. Honestly, if I could find a company willing to cover me for collision, I'd be suprised. In the last 5 years I've had my license suspended twice, caught driving without one once, 2 additional speeding tickets after my last suspension, and a couple weeks ago got a "driving after dark w/permit" on my bike.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Maybe you could just transplant a busa engine into a Kat.

Man that sounds like a awsome challange. Hey Corey. What are we doing next summer???
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

That's a pretty impressive driving record loudnlow! Geico stinks anyway. They quoted me a ridiculous price for the same or less coverage as everything other company I called.

Comment

Working...
                    X