Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

75% solo.
    20% with passenger.
    5% group rides.

Group rides are heaps of fun, but I often prefer to ride alone. No worrying about if anyone is too far ahead, behind, lost, hungry, tired, low on fuel, attempting to kill themselves, driving like my grandma, etc...
    Plus I can get that mean Snake Pliskin road warrior vibe thing happening...

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Comment

75% solo.
      20% with passenger.
      5% group rides.
      +1

Comment

Yup, the majority of my riding is solo.

About half the time, I'll turn down folks when they ask me to ride with them simply because I've reached a point where riding time is "me" time and it's my stress relief. I don't want to ride with people that will stress me out while I'm on my stress relief time!

If I'm going to the mountains to rail, I'll go with a couple of trusted friends, though. I'd hate to biff and go off a cliff and not be found until next spring.
        You got it.
        Get on it.

www.georgiasportbike.com

Comment

I ride more solo than not.. A lot of the time I just have an hour here or there to ride... so no time to get together with anyone, wait for them, stop all the time, etc. When I have time, I do enjoy the group rides.
          1994 Kawasaki ZX6E

Comment

I ride alone i have no friends
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by Slim
              I always ride alone. no one e'er calls me.
              All you gotta do is gimmie your number !
              And Z , every time we make plans to go riding , I call and your wife says you're out golfing !
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

pretty much solo here as well. and when I do ride with others, probably 90% of that is with female riders. Maybe because they are more laid back than the guys are. most of the guys I know are broken into two groups....the customs, which are slow old farts.....and the sportbikes, who are much younger and crazier. I don't care for them too much cuz there is always one ass who will wheelie by me when we are doing like 70mph. I am not crazy about that shit.
                Hey Katman....we are going to have to hook up and do a ride together. we live close enough, so we would should meet 1/2 way.....maybe exit 22 near chambly...where the tittie bar is. ..lol
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I always go riding alone because my buddies don't have bikes, but i don't mind, i always have fun either ways.
                  They're the ones that miss it.
                  Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

you found our little secret riding spot....MUCH more right in the same area.

Next time....make a weekend out of it, we will show you more of the same!

and Slim...you never gave me your number.....anytime you want to ride, I am usually around!

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                      All you gotta do is gimmie your number !
                      And Z , every time we make plans to go riding , I call and your wife says you're out golfing !
                      Yeah slim, ur phone is ringing..

Z golfs? oh u mean miniature golf, ok!!

Comment

usually ride with a the local club if they got anything planned, otherwise i just tend to take off on my own or with my Dad.

Depends on the situation, lately i've had a chance to ride almost daily with some friends or family.
                        When the action tends to slow down i might just go and ride a bit for myself.

Though usually not too long rides simply b/c of fuel economy, since a galloon of 92 octance costs the equiv. of around 6$ USD here(approx 1.70$/Litre)

I tend to save the long rides for meets and touring with friends.
                        -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

I always ride solo, for now anyway. When I go back to school in a couple weeks, I'll be riding with my roommate a lot, but when we're not at school we live on opposite sides of the state, which makes it tough
                          Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

Not really when I was "involved" although I have ridden alone.
                            Looking for someone new to ride with though
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

All of my riding was always alone which got somewhat boring... so I taught my wife to ride my katana and bought her a bike. Now that she's licensed we ride all over together.

Comment

Come riding with us Slim!
                                We'd be glad to have ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X