X

Winter Depression?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatriderJim View Post
    Seasonal Affected Disorder.... serious stuff.
    I hear ya
    Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

I took the bike out yesterday- it was 14f and had snowed about 6 inches, but roads were (mostly) cleared, and I only had 20-30 "butt clinching" moments, which serve me well in keeping warm (butt clenching aka "sphincter clamping" keeps the heat in the core very good.

Monday and Tuesday will be sledding time with the kiddies, and a form of unneccesary exercise known as "hiking back to the top of the hill just to slide down it again".

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
        Winter sucks ................PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        AHHHHH C'MON Everyone winter's great

Comment

winter? yeah.. getting cold. I enjoy the challenge. It's been down in the 30s, gonna be raining for a couple days too I might get wet!

Comment

ya just gotta accept it, i try to get some goodies from santa to keep me goin threw the cold times

Comment

Rode my bike to work today- it was -5f, about 2 foot of snow on the ground, but the roads were plowed. Since it was a short ride, I only wore the heated socks and gloves. No biggie, stayed warm, roads were actually quite good.

Am going to do some major mods to the ol' honda once the kat is done, plus build another V65 Adventure bike from scratch

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisingram View Post
                Rode my bike to work today- it was -5f, about 2 foot of snow on the ground...
                OK, I feel pretty inadequate. There I was griping about some rain!
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Another winter, another "winter sucks" thread.

Comment

Went Riding , Came Home , Ate Chicken and Dumplings , Had A Beer , Going to sleep
                    Currently Riding:
                    1995 Katana 600
                    V&H Exhaust
                    Jet Kit

SOLD
                    2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
                    1987 XV700 Bobber
                    REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

ive got the drive to do stuff, just not the money or the space!
                      Rc51 sp2 power commander 3 with custom tune, speedcell battery, titanium rear subframe, sato banzi full titanium exhaust, 16/42 sprockets, turn one carbon fiber airbox and snorkel, sato rearsets scotts damper cgr shorty levers.... more added everyday

1997 kat 600: b12 rear shock, jetted and vance and hines full exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                        Try this one on for size... I just moved from Arkansas (2-car garage with lights, power, a couple of space heaters and plenty of room to wrench during the 2-weeks it gets too cold for even a short ride) to New Jersey (shed out back with no power, no lights and oh, my tools are 275 miles away anyway) where I think I'm going to want some grip warmers so I can keep riding into November next year. If it's not freezing cold outside it's been raining cats and dogs. If it's going to get this cold, at least it could snow...

yea... welcome to nj, haha... the armpit of america

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
                        "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

Late fall/winter arrived just as the tires were reaching replacement time. Have been planning on doing a sub frame and swingarm swap, so I ended up getting a new set of wheels (with new tires on them) cheaper than just a set of tires would have cost.

Only problem... I'm not done with the swap yet (still waiting on a few parts to even start) so no ride for me, even on the occasional "warm" day.

Think it's starting to have an effect on my sleep... LOL

/sigh...
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                          X