X

Winter projects...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finish up my summer project..
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Theric View Post
      Starting to accumulate parts....but here's the list

1. D&D Pipe
      2. Repaint bike metallic black and chrome green
      3. Solo Cowl
      4. 5* advancer
      5. shift kit
      6. chrome green windscreen
      7. polish and maybe paint lips on rims
      8. paint swingarm and forks
      9. new pegs
      10. maybe chain & sprockets
      11. add green to the seat
      You should look into polishing out your rim lips, then having someone either put a candy green powder coat over the polish or spraying them with a green candy. That would look pretty good IMO......

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
        You should look into polishing out your rim lips, then having someone either put a candy green powder coat over the polish or spraying them with a green candy. That would look pretty good IMO......
        watch out doing candy powder. it is way more look than function. due to the shiny surface the powder dont hold for crap. (normally it is sandblasted first to give texture for the powder to bond to) I looked in to it. I wanted my whole frame candy chrome red. All the shops I talked to sed they would do it but that they didnt reccomend it. that it will scratch off with your fingernail. Thats why I went with a metallic silver base. then the candy red.

You could do that tho. Then it would have a glossy metallic green look to it. And be bullet proof as far as rocks and stuff go.
        Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
        6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
        5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Putting a pre 750 short-stroke top end on my long stroke 600 to make an 815.
          1996 600 Bandit
          1955 HD Pan/Shovel
          1971 HD Superglide
          1987 1100 Sportster

Comment

I am rebuilding my 90 kat 600, it needs a shift fork, some paint, chain and sprokets and a few other things.

Comment

It's funny, we ride year round here, but I'm getting the winter modding bug myself!
              My farings are pretty trashed (scratched, cracked and falling apart) so I'm trying to figure out a solution to that. I'm either going to start watching ebay for a deal or start cutting them up and make the bike more naked.
              My windscreen is old and pretty much flaking apart, but I think rather than replacing this one I'll just sand it with some fine grit paper and paint it.
              If I can get my hands on a dremel (time to buy one I think) I'll probably chop the shovel, and I'm thinking about flush mounting the blinkers.
              Also time for a new set of mirrors, I saw a set in a recent thread that I really like, hopfully the owner can point me in the right direction of obtaining a set.
              Those are my thoughts for this "winter" hopfully I can get to at least 1 or 2 of the items.
              Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Gas Tank

My next project is to coat the inside of my fuel tank with POR-15 so I don't have to keep cleaning rust out of my carbs. I got the POR-15 yesterday but haven't done it yet, sick today. Still have to get my mechanic to clean the carbs for me after this treatment, but hopefully it'll be the last time. (Kat is being sold this spring.)

Comment

My Winter Project is to finish getting the Baby's nursery ready ... The Baby is due in mid January... So I still have LOTS of time... NOT !!!!!!!
                  2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                  Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                  "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                  Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                  Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                  "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

i'm helping a friend build his 91 cbr 6 . want to get a new motor for my streetfighter or get a literbike and make it into a streetfighter(whichever comes first), and i'll just keep upgrading my kat along the way
                    thoughts create things

Comment

Got my third Mod done today. Finished polishing my grab bar a couple weeks ago, and today Jax came over and hooked up an integrated tail light for me. Now to chop the fender and signal mounts...then on to paint!
                      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                      Semper Fi

Comment

I'm hoping to polish the lips of the rims If i get a chance to

Comment

Working...
                        X