X

Winter projects...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter projects...?

I just finished my first winter project, and it got me to wondering what all of you have planned for this winter? My first project? I removed those tacky luggage bars from under the rear body panel. Next up...mounting and wiring a couple of LEDs in my under seat storage area, for nighttime illum.
    Last edited by Scout; 11-16-2008, 09:13 AM. Reason: .
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

Making my cowl blend better with the bike, lol.

Comment

My projects are repainting the Kat and depending on how ambitious I feel extending the swingarm a bit. But I really should work on my 47 ford pickup this year since I keep saying that It will be running for a car show we go to every year in June. This time I mean it.
      Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
      www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

No projects line up, except install the Symtec grip heaters this weekend.

Other than that, just ride. Hopefuly take a trip to Death Valley in February.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

heated grips in CA? you gonna cook a whole chicken from inside out while you ride?
          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Hmm, I have done a bunch of stuff to the Kat already..but I do plan on lots of powder coating (as time permits..paying customers come first).
            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Just took off the fairings to start a patch/paint project. I have been putting all the screws in little brown paper lunch bags and writing what they are on the outside. My family thinks I have lost what little mind I have left.

Comment

Finish the Kat in time for the March bike show. Finish the chopper by the march bike show. Finish the KZ750 "restify" before the March bike show. Get a good start on the V4 honda based "adventure" bike before the March bike show.

Oh yeah, and I have a baby due in March.

gonna get busy around heah!

Oh yeah, get some winter riding in. Gotta do more than 2k miles to beat last years record.
                Attached Files

Comment

I already did the projects I wanted to get done, well mostly. I got new chain and sprockets, refurbished the plastics, recovered the seat, flush mount turn signals, and a valve adjustment and carb synch. I was hoping to polish the lips of my rims if I had time this winter. I just had a baby, so I needed to get the hard stuff done before she showed up.
                  Semper Fi
                  1 Mar Div 3rd LAR BN (01-05)

Comment

Fork emulators and springs, GSXR shock with Gold valve for rear. Steel braided brake lines for front. And who knows what else I will come up with.

Tmod

Comment

Not bike related, but, just picked up a 83 Porsche 944.Car itself is in great shape, but the motor is bad.So i plan on either rebuilding the Porsche motor, or putting in a small block Chevy.Long term, the Chevy makes more sense, as the maintenance on a Porsche motor is expensive and constant.
                      Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by ne-oublie View Post
                        Not bike related, but, just picked up a 83 Porsche 944.Car itself is in great shape, but the motor is bad.So i plan on either rebuilding the Porsche motor, or putting in a small block Chevy.Long term, the Chevy makes more sense, as the maintenance on a Porsche motor is expensive and constant.
                        I'm sooo jealous. I'd be even more jealous if it was a 928s (my favorite Porsche ever)...but your project is soooo cool.

This winter, I'm working on the $1100 seven fiddy from new york ciddy. I will probably wind up stripping it down to the frame and finally learning about engines, the hard way.
                        -
                        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by jimwag81 View Post
                          I already did the projects I wanted to get done, well mostly. I got new chain and sprockets, refurbished the plastics, recovered the seat, flush mount turn signals, and a valve adjustment and carb synch. I was hoping to polish the lips of my rims if I had time this winter. I just had a baby, so I needed to get the hard stuff done before she showed up.
                          Rims...been thinking about that, too. But, I decided to go with the MARPAT woodland paint next year, so I think I'm just gonna get the rims done in that, or base green.

By the way...Semper Fi, brother!!! Happy belated birthday, and veterans day!

1st MarDiv India 3/9 '88-'92 0311 bro! Real men -walk- into combat!
                          Glad to meet ya.
                          ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                          チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                          Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
                            heated grips in CA?

Typically the coldest it gets in the dead of winter is around 28F. Tack on wind chill and it's enough to have heated grips.
                            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Brake fluid bleed, new pads, new coolant, new grips, new footpegs, new levers, putting some LED's in the ram air mesh and behind the plastics, HID upgrade with CCFL halos, and hopefully wearing my chain out so I can justify buying a new one with -1/+2 sprockets
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X