Did my first motorcycle hand wave!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatriderJim View Post
    You mean these asshats?

Maybe back in the day I would have ridden a Cushman, but not a scoot. Lately I have been giving the 2 finger wave as I am walking, and I get a funny look but then the wave back. They realize I'm a rider in disguise. I won't do it to the cruisers though. They are all tough hanging onto those monkey bars. It makes me laugh. Some of those guy's are just wannabe's.
    Be careful on the waving.

On another note, these guy's look like grunge on a scoot.

Comment

Originally posted by exfacior View Post
      are you kidding? i give the wave to scooters, especially if its a guy. got to have some balls to go out it in public on a scooter if you are a guy.
      scooters are like ugly girls
      both fun to ride but you don't want your friends seeing you do it
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

haha, very nice. Congrats.

Comment

Good for you. The first wave is never forgotten.
          Just last week a hard core harley rider let me know that I was number 1. What a nice gesture. It makes me really believe that not all harley riders have a low self-esteem and trouble making friends.

Comment

Over by the University of Tulsa they have a "Gang" of scooter riders, they cruz about in a pack of 15-20, it is hilarious, their outfits are a trip too...think 70's and 60's mixed with the grunge wear of the 90's
            02 Kat 750F
            68 Mercury Cat

Comment

I wave to anybody on 2 wheels, and anywhere within about 20 miles of my small town, most people driving cars and trucks give a friendly wave to any other vehicle going the other way down the road. Took me a long time to get used to that, after moving here from So Cal lol.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

#1 RULE OF THE BIKER WAVE
                -----------------------------

Don't talk about the biker wave

J/K!

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                  the coolness of the "biker wave", is immediately negated when you start a forum thread about how cool it made you feel.

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
                  so true....so true....you watch these guys they will be crawling up the walls by the end of January

while us in the south just rub in what a nice day in the 50-60's we just had
                  Enjoy those STRAIGHT roads for the time being and the cooler temps. You will be sweating your butt off again before you know it

Originally posted by HexKrak View Post
                  I wave at everyone (even the scoots)
                  Me too. I had one guy on a scooter get so excited when I waved at him, that he almost crashed when waving back
                  Last edited by Zepp; 11-15-2008, 09:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  2007 Honda CBR600rr
                  2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dougco View Post
                    Good for you. The first wave is never forgotten.
                    Just last week a hard core harley rider let me know that I was number 1. What a nice gesture. It makes me really believe that not all harley riders have a low self-esteem and trouble making friends.
                    I have quite a few friends that are Harley riders. They would give you the shirt off their backs if you needed it. They look scary as hell but it is just an image and means nothing. I'm meaner than they are and I am clean cut.

Comment

Okay, time to fess up, I've been living a lie. I always dis on Vespa riders, but in truth I've only seen one or two Vespas in operation. My purpose was to parody the popular dissing of Harley riders. Like Zepp, I actually wave at everyone, (it's a West Texas thing) and I up it a knotch because I wave at cows, horses, burros, and I even flipped off a chupacabra once.
                      I feel better having said that.

Last edited by zuma; 11-16-2008, 11:56 AM.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by Mopar-Man View Post
                        #1 RULE OF THE BIKER WAVE
                        -----------------------------

Don't talk about the biker wave

::::::: places finger and thumb in the shape of an L on forehead :::::

Congrats on your first wave. I know I was probably as excited when I got my first wave.

....aaaaaaand we're walking.....
                        Last edited by Londob5; 11-16-2008, 12:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        -
                        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                          and I even flipped off a chupacabra once.

I flipped a deer off once.... so i guess your not sooo different
                          Currently Riding:
                          1995 Katana 600
                          V&H Exhaust
                          Jet Kit

SOLD
                          2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
                          1987 XV700 Bobber
                          REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                            I even flipped off a chupacabra once.
                            And he didn't chase you and try to bite your tire?

Comment

Originally posted by sassyduck View Post
                              And he didn't chase you and try to bite your tire?
                              Luckily, no, he did not. I've seen him four times in the last two years in about the same place. And he has been reported on local news. Normally it is thought that they suck blood from goats, but there aren't many goats in this part of West Texas. He was just standing on the side of the highway looking like a macabre chupacabra. No joke.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by exfacior View Post
                                are you kidding? i give the wave to scooters, especially if its a guy. got to have some balls to go out it in public on a scooter if you are a guy.
                                Word. People have different reasons for riding scooters - mine was a stepping stone to talking my wife into a sport bike, and it got me 80 mpg during the dark days of $4 gas! I had fun with it! I really wasn't excited about getting it but I ended up enjoying it a lot. In some respects, its more fun to ride than my Kat (yes I still have it)!

ANYWAY, having ridden a scooter for a while myself, I wave to them. I remember getting the finger from a guy on a chopper one time... to which I replied with two fingers. Thank God I didn't crash, that would've been embarassing.
                                Originally posted by katanawarrior
                                I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

Working...
                                X