X

Any Kat track riders?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duff daddy
    yea thoes srt's are in the 13's with a good driver stock, and hopefully ill be at the track ....just need that call from the dealer

Comment

u puken at a 13, why in a 4 door neon out of the box stock tires everything and it runs a 13 factory, for under 25 grand FIND ME something brand new that beats it .... you wont

Comment

Originally posted by jeccami
        In a repeat of another post too, i am trying to find a manual for the bike (didn't gt one when I bought it used) to get suspension settings. Any leads on where I can find one. Its a 1996 GSX600F
        There isn't much you can actually adjust. You certainly don't need a manual to set your suspension.

If you're feeling that your suspension is lacking then it's time to start upgrading it. RaceTech cartridge emulators, proper weight fork springs, and a new adjustable shock.
        -Steve

Comment

I also plan on it since most of central Ohio is straight road farm land with some sweepers. I am about 1 1/2 hours away from Mid Ohio raceway.
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

u puken at a 13, why in a 4 door neon out of the box stock tires everything and it runs a 13 factory, for under 25 grand FIND ME something brand new that beats it .... you wont
            you could get a brand new stock katana 600 for less then half that amount, and whipe the floor with the pathetic little neons @$$

a lot of our 4 door shopping trolley's known as ford falcons and holden commodores are braking into the 13's in factory trim... 1800kg 4 door saloon cars that take a troop of 5 interstate in comfort.. yet still run 13's... hmmm... neon... or a falcon. i choose falcon

:P

cheers.joe.

Comment

haha yea i would too that falcom that is turbo charged but htey arent available in the us im talking bout us cars here, im so adimint that there isnt a brand new car out there that will beat it in speed AND price, im not saying its the best car, its got issues but man for hte bang for the buck its quite worth it I THINK...

Comment

I had my '02 Kat on a track last month & was very impressed with what I discovered! Don't get me wrong..... those GSXR's, CBRR's & R1's were blowing past me like there was some kind of distortion in the space-time continuum!! But the Kat truly did outperform all of my handling expectations at high speed, she pulled off some tight hairpins and sharp S bends in a manner that I simply wouldn't have believed possible! And I don't think there was a single guy there that didn't look longingly at her comfy seat after a full day in the saddle...... If you really want to get serious about it though ground clearance does become a bit of an issue (i scored a good many scrapes), but if I wanted a ride-on ballistic missile, I would have bought one.
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                -Albert Einstein

Comment

12.4 on a beat up stock motor, ill be going either this weekend or next and ill let you know what i run
                  what year and size was the bike ? I saw a Buell Blast 500cc do 13.2 in the 1/4mile and the guy didnt even take off all that fast either. I was going to run mine until i got a huge chunk of steel in my tire. I finally got my tires A MONTH LATER they getting put on today. i got metzeler z6 roadtecs

Im also doing my sprocket change today too. Im going -1 front +6 in rear. I was originally going ony +6 in the back but after waiting 3weeks for shipping , they sent the -1 instead of the stock size, u am going to try it first instead of sending it back. Local dealer has them for $14 so aint no big deal. So after i do all that i'll run the 1/4.
                  " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

I did an 11.7@114mph this past wednesday. I'm hoping that jetting, non-bent exhaust, pod filters, ignition advancer, -1 front sprocket, front end strap, and learn to launch and I should get the 10.99999999 run that I'm after.....
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

my bike back then had 36K on the motor had 108 -112main jets amd an exhaust

Comment

mine has 17k 'true mileage unknown' miles, 112.5 mains, stock air filter, and a V&H supersport exhaust with a completely crushed #3 primary (bottomed it out)
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Wow , 112.5 mains ? I was running 116's and the dyno guy said that was too lean ...
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

im 144's now

Comment

it certainly is too lean. I tried 120's though, and it ran better up top, but the midrange was awful. Didn't have time to play with it, so I just stuck the 112's back in and left it.

Comment

Ah , the midrange . I had a MAJOR problem there . Let me see if I can find something ....

Just did this . Seemed to help with my MASSIVE richness in the midrange .
                                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                                X