Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

im a new rider and i need to change the oil!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im a new rider and i need to change the oil!

i just got a 94 katana and it despritly needs an oil change. i no it uses 10w-30 but how much and what type. should i use synthetic or convgentional. thanks

hello and welcome !,as stated in haynes manual
    api grade se or sf minimum,
    sae 10w-40,
    and 3.8 liters or 4.0 us qt,6.7 imp pt with filter change
    or oil change only is 3.6 liters or 3.8 us qt,6.3 imp pt
    hope this helps mate

Comment

Conv vs synth is simply a $$ factor, synthetic has been proven better, but if you are short on cash....synthetic is expensive
      02 Kat 750F
      68 Mercury Cat

Comment

thanks guys

thanks guys thats just what i needed to know.. and by chance to you happen to know where i can find a cheap manual.. cause the ones on the net are a bit pricey

Comment

Give me yur email and I can help yu out....

send in private messgg
          Last edited by clint1972; 11-09-2008, 12:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          02 Kat 750F
          68 Mercury Cat

Comment

Search the threads because I believe someone has it in pdf format...also be carful with the oil pan nut...too many stories here about stripping that thing because people torqued it on too tight...get yourself a torque wrench or a fumoto valve...either way get a torque wrench you'll need it if you plan to do work on your bike.
            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

ebay always good for cheap second hand manuals i think haynes and clymer do them for the katanas

Comment

For less than $35 you get it in hardcover and lots of walk thru photos. I had one for my 05 Kat and it's way better than those factory repair manual as far as details and pics goes.

sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

Comment

TDR I beileve posted the manual a while back. I know I downloaded it to my puter, and love it.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                  X