X

B-12 Shock Swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-12 Shock Swap

Just Finished the B-12 Shock Swap. Love it. Looks much better, handles awesome. My girl loves it too. Now she can see over my shoulder when we are riding. Before all she could see was the back of my helmet.

[IMG]
    http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t141/embracethehorror/P1010623.jpg[/IMG]

You got nothin to lose Don't be afraid to get down

Nice looking ride!

Comment

If you wanna bring it back down out of the atmosphere, pm ne-oublie, I think he has a set or 2 of lowering links still.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

DONT FORGET TO USE THE STOCK BUSHINGS if you put in lowering links
        99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
        1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
        '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
        Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Damnnnn! that kat's in nice shape : ....too bad about some of the colour schemes Suzuki went with back then

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

it was the 90's, those purple rims were the bees knees back then The purple rider seat and black passenger seat need to go however

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
              If you wanna bring it back down out of the atmosphere, pm ne-oublie, I think he has a set or 2 of lowering links still.

Lowering after raising????????? I don't get it. I put the shock on to raise the tail because the bike was too short. Plus the bonus of not bottoming the shock out when riding 2 up. Also, seems to have improved the handling, but haven't pushed it yet.
              Last edited by embracethehorror; 10-31-2008, 08:55 AM. Reason: pics not working. try again later

Comment

And I agree...

I swapped a B12 shock into my pre, and I love the extra height...and it seems to turn in much quicker as well.

It's much nicer 2-up as well.

Comment

Okay, moving on!

So where is everyone getting their B-12 shocks?
                  Can't be from Ebay I've been trolling for one for weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulik View Post
                    Okay, moving on!

Got mine on ebay for like 30 bones. Keep hunting

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Bike looks good, nice boat too.
                      John,
                      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                      sigpic

Comment

Thread cleaned up to focus on the discussion of shock swaps....
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Ulik View Post
                          Okay, moving on!

It took me about three or four months to come across one. And about 15 minutes to swap them out. Actually got it from a member of KR. Just got lucky. Try posting in parts and accessories wanted on KR. Thats where I got mine. About $30 seems to be the going rate. +shipping.

Maybe someone one else could tell us. Is there a Bandit forum like our beloved KR?

Good luck.

Comment

Got mine from eBay. Did it last year. Fairly easy install.

Just keep this in mind:

The fact that the shock raised up the rear-end has changed the chain line as well. It is now more critical than ever that you keep your chain slack adjusted properly. Otherwise you will experience accelerated chain-wear. I have found that it is better to keep it looser than tighter. Especially owing to the fact that when 2-up, it will tighten up considerably when under load. I started out adjusting it to manual specifications and when 2-up I could actually feel the suspension "bottom." I figured out it wasn't actually the suspension bottoming but the chain stopping the swingarm's travel.

If you tighten it to the manual's specs, it will invariably be too tight for 2-up and damage your chain. Loose is better.

Free advice -- worth what you paid for it.

Comment

pretty cool bro .. looks like it jacked it up alot .. hope it does as well when you really get out and push its limits
                              so many roads so little time

Comment

Working...
                              X