New Kat Checking In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kat Checking In

Hello All
    My name is DJ and I have recently purchaced a 2001 Kat 600. I just wanted to say hi and tell you a little about the bike. I saw this bike pop up on craigslist last month for $1,600. The PO had the bike stolen from his home and the thieves took it to a chop shop and began taking parts off of it. They had taken off all of the plastic and several electrical components when the chop shop was busted. The bike was returned to the owner along with most of the plastic but some of the pieces were missing. I went and checked it out and found that it was going to need a CDI, ignition, gas cap, wiring harness, seat, rear blinkers, passenger footpegs, battery, choke cable, mirrors, tail light, lower fairings, and the top/center upper fairing. The good news was that it only had 7,500 miles on it and the bike was never claimed on insurance so it had a clean title. I talked with the owner for a while and we eventually setteled on $1,100. So I have been buying parts up on ebay for this thing and this week I finally got it up and running!!!! I am very excited to get it on the road and will post pictures soon.

Just a question for all of you other Kat riders out there; I was wondering if any of you happened to have either a set of lower fairings, or maybe just the top/center fairing laying around that you would like to sell? If anyone does please let me know.

I am so glad to have found this forum and look forward to contributing where and when I can.

DJ

Welcome! Just search around here and ye shall find the answers!
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

I never understood why steal a Kat? I can't imagine parts for a discontinued bike are in high demand on the black market
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        I never understood why steal a Kat? I can't imagine parts for a discontinued bike are in high demand on the black market
        steal now, ask questions later i guess.

Either way, nice deal! Welcome!

Comment

Welcome. Nothing wrong with a fixer upper for that price.

Comment

sounds like you have done pretty well so far .. give it a bit of time someone will prolly chime in with the pieces you need in hand .. but id keep your eyes on ebay as fairings in decent shape are usually on peoples bikes .. you got a nice deal though .,. hope she treats you well for a long time to come
            so many roads so little time

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders
              2007 Honda CBR600rr
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the KR family. This place looks interesting...
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to KR, DJ! Ride safe
                      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Welcome to KR. Well done with the bike! I hope you find what you need.

Comment

welcome to the family

Comment

Welcome to KR!! There is a guy on here from the same area as you. His name is pacerman. I have had the oportunity to meet him, he is a really nice guy.
                            01 Kat 750- daytona blue, black and gunmetal powdercoat, yoshi RS-3, 03+ tail section , Barnett Kevlar clutch and springs, 8k HID's, racerback seat cowl, polished lips and painted rotors, tinted windscreen, lowered, smoked turn and tail lights, intergraded led tail light KatRiders decals,184 White leds! More of them to come.
                            Repaint this winter, along with some other stuff

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                              X