X

Finally Did the undertail...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Did the undertail...

well.. bought some stuff over a month ago, and finally got to chopping the shovel off the back and puttin some stuff together.. what do you guys and girls think?

i also managed to get the factory licence light working also, took it all apart and drilled a hole.. bingo, perfect fit

I like it! like the lil turn signals too
    sigpic

Comment

Looks much better, good job
      2007 Honda CBR600rr
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
      sigpic

Comment

Looks like you did a great job. I am hoping to do the tail on my 750 soon,seeing someone else have good results adds to my wanting to try myself
        My ride 2005 katana 750 metalic blue

my wifes 2002 katana 600 blue

Comment

lookin good.
          Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
          www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Nice - I want to do it!. How do I do that, what did you need/buy?
            1999 220 KDX
            2003 450 KTM
            2003 Softail Std
            2000 Katana 750
            2004 ZZR1200

Comment

+1

More pics of the build please (if you have)

Looking really good, I am planning the shovel chop this winter.
              2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Very Nice!!
                Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                sigpic

Comment

search for shovel chop .. there are a ton of posts out there .. nice job bro
                  so many roads so little time

Comment

looks nice. nice straight cuts. good job

Comment

One of the best mods you can do appearance wise, in my opinion.

Comment

thanks everybody, it wasnt that difficult .. did a little custom work to get it to stay.. not too hard..

tools used, dremmil tool with cutting disc and sanding discs, and a drill..

took off the tail fairings to make the cuts, you cant see any of the old tail, even the edges, used the old bracked to mount across and used a premade undertail from a fz6. took the licence light apart, kept the fitting, and drilled a hole to make it secure and thats about it, plate lights up, signals work, and nice and bright..

total time to do, 2.5 hours, my drill broke, spent 1.5 hours trying to drill a hole without a drill or drillbits... that was the fun part ..

but again thanks for the comments.. now that i am done, if you need some help in southern ontario, i'll be glad to help

Comment

I just did the same to my 89 this weekend. I'm still using the old turn lights for now. It def. changes the whole look of the bike. Nice job.

Comment

Looks a lot better!!! A poster on here did it for about $3 using a joist hanger from a lumber/hardware store. Mine was fabricated, but the joist hanger is definitely a cheaper way to go. (Perhaps the moderators could look up the post and re-post it.)
                            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

LOL I was like WTF. I couldn't find the other picture, it was next to it not under like usual. Hey what the duck tape for??? LOL J/K Looks great!!!!
                              sigpic
                              Update Jul 11 2014
                              Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X