X

Fuel Gauge - Empty?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Gauge - Empty?

I have a stupid noob question about the fuel gauge on my 98 Kat 750. If the gauge is on "E" does that mean that there is no fuel in the "Reserve" level as well, or just that I need to switch over to the "Reserve" and I've got that 1 gallon left?
    Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

The gauge is just a reference and will soon tell you when you need to switch to reserve, when the bike starts to cough and splutter.
    I use the trip counter for a more accurate reading on how much fuel I got left.

Tok

Comment

The gauge on my Pre98 usually reads "E" about when it's time to hit reserve.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

No, you'll have gas in your reserve. I just wouldn't want to get to that point, personally.

Comment

you will be fine, but once you have to push the bike then there is no fuel in the reserve.

Comment

The calibration seams to vary from bike to bike. Mine used to be, switch to reserve right about when it touches the red, now it is, switch to reserve shortly after it is below the red. But yeah, don't trust it, trust the trip meter. To use any of the fuel in reserve, you will have to manually flip the petcock.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

it usually means put gas in till gauge points to the F
              Gravity works 100% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by strn365 View Post
                it usually means put gas in till gauge points to the F

Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

Originally posted by DreKat View Post
                  you will be fine, but once you have to push the bike then there is no fuel in the reserve.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                  X