X

what are my options?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are my options?

ok, so i would really like to get rid of that black plastic fender on the back that holds the licence plate, i want something that looks good, but i'm not hacking it off with a saws all or anything like that, if anyone has any links that would help. thanx

what year kat is it? there are some fender eliminator kits and/or undertail kits for the post kats. not sure about the pres. most people saw or dremel them off and install a license plate bracket.

Comment

search for "fender eliminator" to see the various threads on KR, this has been covered a million times

I myself put a Competition Werkes fender eliminator kit on, its sweet.

hit the garage link under my name to see pics of thier version, which is stainless steel.

and yah, part of it is taking a hacksaw to the inner fender well

See My Garage for mods...
      T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
      Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
        search for "fender eliminator" to see the various threads on KR, this has been covered a million times

I myself put a Competition Werkes fender eliminator kit on, its sweet.

hit the garage link under my name to see pics of thier version, which is stainless steel.

and yah, part of it is taking a hacksaw to the inner fender well

something like yours is what i'm looking for, i really like that look. where did you get yours from?

Comment

I dremmeled my Pre and then just took a file to any rough edges. cut it pretty much along the tail section, and made a mount to roll over and reattatch my plate holder. left the mounting ears for my stock rear signals. drilled and bolted the reflectors up into the remander of the plastic fender. unless you got up underneath you really cant tell it's been cut.

Last edited by DumbLuck; 09-30-2008, 09:04 PM.
          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

My fender has been cut, now all I have to do is replace those stupid looking turn signals lol

Comment

Originally posted by chevyguy View Post
              something like yours is what i'm looking for, i really like that look. where did you get yours from?

I got mine off fleabay for about $85... its a Competition Werkes.

search around, will probably find a deal, the reg price i was able to find cheapest on various websites was something like $115.

$115 is kind of alot for what ya actually get, which is some hardware, a plate bracket, bracing brackets, a filler plate for the tail, etc.

at the time, i didn't have a clue how to fabricate my own, however, some of the threads here now have pretty good info on how to do it on the cheap, and make it look good...if not like a factory job.

installation was pretty simple, and it IS stainless steel, albeit fairly thin gauge stuff, its not like its structural.

heres 2 more pics, from behind below, and showing the back of the kit, how the turns mount up to the bracket, etc.
              I had to enlage the factory washers to fit the stalks right( the washers and the black plastic parts didn't fit right due to anti rotation keying on the turn stalks), but whats a little dremel work

btw, if ya look close, you can see the remnants of the hacksawed tail shovel

I'm thoroughly satisfied with the Comp Werkes kit, and have gotten quite a few compliments and questions on it.

See My Garage for mods...
              T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
              Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Working...
              X