Kat ER

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat ER

Hi all,

I found a few Katanas hat are younger then mine. I'm talking about a '97 (some where in that range). I have a '93 750. Can I transfer any parts from a 600 or 750 Katana of '97 year to my '93 750. If yes, than which parts.

Thank you all for any info.

When you're talking about 97 range you have to be careful. 97 was the Pre Kat. 98 is the post. Not huge differences but some that are significant. As far as 600/750 look at Ronayers.com. Look up a part you're interested in swapping then plug that part number into the cross reference box. It will return a list of other bikes that part is on. Including what other year Katanas. It is still possible that a part not listed will fit. Suzuki changed part numbers even if they didn't change the part (or at least not in a way that effects it's use). It is much easier for us to tell you if a part will or won't fit from one year or between 600 and 750 then it is to list the hundreds or thousands that do/don't..

Comment

The 1997 bike itself has some items that are different from the other model years as well. For instance, the breaker was replaced by a main fuse.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

The person that I'm talking to has parts off a 1996 Katana. Can anything fit my bike from his bike? A quick list would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
          When you're talking about 97 range you have to be careful. 97 was the Pre Kat. 98 is the post. Not huge differences but some that are significant. As far as 600/750 look at Ronayers.com. Look up a part you're interested in swapping then plug that part number into the cross reference box. It will return a list of other bikes that part is on. Including what other year Katanas. It is still possible that a part not listed will fit. Suzuki changed part numbers even if they didn't change the part (or at least not in a way that effects it's use). It is much easier for us to tell you if a part will or won't fit from one year or between 600 and 750 then it is to list the hundreds or thousands that do/don't..
          so exactly which part of the above post did you NOT understand?
          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by Konn750 View Post
            The person that I'm talking to has parts off a 1996 Katana. Can anything fit my bike from his bike? A quick list would be appreciated.

Most parts interchange all years for the same motor sizes.

Many parts interchange between the 600 & 750.

If you have a specific part you are curious about you can cross check it on RonAyers.com using the "Where does this part fit?" box http://www.ronayers.com/
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
              so exactly which part of the above post did you NOT understand?
              I guess I should go back to the old reliable answer??

Use the Search!

Comment

Working...
              X