X

Battery care for Winter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery care for Winter

I plan on removing my battery, and storing it in our house for the Winter --- given that, how often should I be charging the battery like this?

Thanks in advance.

-Attila

one a month put it on a 1 amp trickle charger for half a day. keep checking the water. do NOT let the battery sit on the cement floor. For some reason cement just sucks the life out of batteries. keep it on wood, and above freezing. 24 hours on teh tricklecharge before reinstallation.

you could spend the little extra for a battery maintainer. a small automatic charger that only gives the battery juice when it needs it.
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

I just plan on riding most of the winter. (except when there is snow/ice on the road) Easier to maintain that way!
      Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

Originally posted by SGTJimbo_Kat600 View Post
        I just plan on riding most of the winter. (except when there is snow/ice on the road) Easier to maintain that way!
        They must not salt the roads where you are... my poor old 750 would corrode away before spring if I rode through the winter up here.
        My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

I ride on nice days or let the bike sit and run if I can't ride. This also keeps the carbs clean.

They salt the crap out of the roads here but it just means washing the bike after every ride, or at least spraying it off.
          Where ever, whenever I go for a ride, may I be joined by friends that have died.

RIP Cyber Poet, watch over us all Marc

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
            one a month put it on a 1 amp trickle charger for half a day.
            I do the same and never had a problem.
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Working...
            X