squid

Comment

Originally posted by scrape
      Originally posted by SlytlyDeranged
      Call me a squid
      squid
      good call

*runs off*
      Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

Extreme heat is what mesh gear was created for. The key is to not expect it to protect you like cow hide, so ride accordingly. If you are going to hit the twisties, then wear the hide!

To be honest, i don't give a damn what you all wear. It IS your life and your skin. Just don't expect a whole lot of sympathy if you are on the ground rashed up while your jacket and gloves are at home in the closet. Thisis exactly why if someone shows up to one of our Sunday rides without gear, they can go home or I go home.

Call be a gear nazi if you want, but I was not planning on wrecking either time I did, and my leathers saved MY hide.
        Ron
        MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Katana600Tao
          I'm going to have to go with the minority here. My bike is my primary mode of transportation, and I live in the desert. Riding full gear in 115+ is too much, so it's jean's, t-shirt, and a lid for me too. I'll probably invest in some mesh sooner or later and see how it treats me in the hot sun.
          Invest in the mesh!!! I rode to Vegas last summer on the Kat from Denver and had a thermometer on my zipper pull - 118 F for most of the last couple hours! The mesh was great! We had others with full leathers and most shed at least the pants and wore jeans at these temps. We are lucky here in Denver to have moderate temps but I grew up in Phoenix riding with a leather jacket and helmet... jeans and tennis shoes. Now, I won't go anywhere without the full gear.

Mesh is pretty inexpensive too.... cheaper than missing work while you heal some missing skin. I have a friend who went down in jeans and you could see the blue streak on the asphalt and then it was all skin. That was last October and he still has a purple mark on his rear. Took about 6 weeks to heal completely.

Comment

Working...
          X