X

Odometer/Speedometer Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odometer/Speedometer Question

Now I have a 98 600 that Ive changed the sprokets on. I went down 1 in the front from stock and I went up 2 in the rear from stock. Now i know that my speedo is off a little bit but I dont know if the odometer is off a bit too.

So my question is: When I changed my spockets does the odometer read off/differently now? and Is the odometer and the speedo connected giving me a false reading for both?

They should be connected together and yes, your odometer should be off a little too.

Comment

Doesn't the speedo run off the front wheel? Therefore, no change to the front wheel there should be no change to the speedo calculation. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

No on the 98+ Katanas they did away with the front wheel speedo thing...you should be able to get a speedo healer and that will correct for the changes...maybe someone that has one connected can comment...
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

just do what i did, pace yourself right beside a new honda civic, you can see their speedo from 1/2 mile away , then you know what your speed is at.. and if your not sure, use 2 different civics.. should only take about 20 seconds to find one on the road

Comment

LOL
            Never thought of using a Civic as a speedometer...wonder how I would mount it on my triple tree

Comment

Working...
            X