No announcement yet.
X

Two Roads, which way to go. Need help.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Roads, which way to go. Need help.

Hi all,

I have a 1993 Katana 750 that I purchased from a person this June. The bike was bought for me to learn how to ride and then resell it for same price. The bike has had some problems when I got it, but they all been fixed. Now it’s my tachometer that is broken and a fuel gauge needs to be replaced. The winter is going to be here soon and now I’m thinking of keeping it and making it a project bike that will be rebuild to stock looks (as it was when it left the factory), since I put money into it now. But after discussing it with another person and getting his opinion. I'm not that sure anymore. He said “why put more money in restoring it and not getting much for it. Then just sell the bike now as is and cut your losses.” This is true, because I do want something new with no issues. Something like a GSX-F 650 or GSX-R 600/750.

What do you people think? Any comments, suggestions would be appreciated.

restoring any bike is done for passion, not $$. This is especially true when you are talking about Katana's. If you plan on selling it, sell it as is. Don't waste your money on any restoration.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

"Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

If you sell it, get a gixr
        sigpic

Go Buckeyes !!!

Comment

yeah .. the bike aint gonna get you much more no matter what you do to it .. 15 years old .. and not really desirable .. leads to low sale #'s .. most get kats .. cuz they are reasonable on the pocket and will run for a long time if taken care of .. you bought one that wasnt taken care of im guessing .. so hope you didnt pay much .. and hope you dont expect to get much
          so many roads so little time

Comment

Why sell it, keep it for long term especially if it is paid for. make it a weekend project, to learn on. If you NEED a new one then go buy one and have 2.

Comment

Thank you all for suggestions. I paid $1,000 for it, but could have gotto it for $850 - $900.

Comment

Working...
              X