No announcement yet.
X

New Rider here...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the good info. I havent had a chance to jump on here as often as I would like. The network guy at work blocked the site ever since I got my bike.

We just had our little girl yersterday, Keira, I am sitting here showing her pics of all the Kats on here as mommy sleeps

Comment

Welcome to KR. Have fun with the new bike ride safe.

Comment

Congradulations on the little one. I still remember every little detail from when both of my kids were born like it was yesterday. My daughter is now 21, son is 19, but sometimes it seems like I brought them home and they grew up overnight lol. Enjoy your time with her as much as possible while she's little.
        John,
        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
        sigpic

Comment

Congratulation on the new little one. I dont know as i'd survive being the father of a daughter tho, once dating time started.

I'm 5'4, maybe 5'5 on a GOOD day and have a pre-750. I find it very comfortable, but put in lowering links as I was not flat footed with the stock links. I dont think there is a real difference insurance cost wise between a 600 and 750. It does take a huge jump when you get over the 750cc mark, as in a 1000cc or more skoot. As you're new to riding, i'd just stay with the 600 for a few seasons and then start thinking about something else if you want. Get yourself a copy of Nick Ienatsch's "Sport Riding Technique" instead. Upgrade the most important part, Rider Knowlage.

As far as asking the Wife or girlfriend for permission, someone once told me, "It's easier to as forgiveness than it is to as permission". Apparently however, this person must not have been married based on the responce i got when i tried it.
          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
          X