X

02' Katana 600-whats new?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02' Katana 600-whats new?

Other than the body work what else is been updated from the previous generation?

The reason I ask is I have been offered a trade that includes a 02' Katana .

I would be trading a snowmobile worth around $3600 for the bike (with 11k on it) and a 4 wheeler worth around $1600. It sounds like a pretty good trade.

I had a 1990 Katana for a brief period and wonder what the changes are?

here is the bike..........
    Attached Files

sounds like a pretty awesome deal to me ..

Comment

Search, my brother, and ye shall find.

Body style is #1; swingarm on a pre and post 600 are different (post is a little longer); TPS on the post, not on the pre; a little less power; riding position is a bit more upright on the post 600 than the pre; and, dual headlight on the post vs. single on the pre. Otherwise, she's the same oil cooker piece of dated technology that the pre is (read: proven, bullet proof, easy to work on, care for her and she'll last you a looooong time).

But, you're going to trade a snowmobile for the bike and a quad? that is a good deal.
      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by ViperTom View Post
        Other than the body work what else is been updated from the previous generation?

The reason I ask is I have been offered a trade that includes a 02' Katana .

I would be trading a snowmobile worth around $3600 for the bike (with 11k on it) and a 4 wheeler worth around $1600. It sounds like a pretty good trade.

I had a 1990 Katana for a brief period and wonder what the changes are?

here is the bike..........
        just to make sure I understand. If you make the trade you will be giving up a snowmobile and a 4 wheeler for a total value of 5200, and in return you will be getting a 2002 Kat?

Don't do it. If your value's of your 2 machines are accurate, you would be better off selling them and buying a kat in a separate deal. The 2002 kat is not worth 5200.00

here's an 01 for 3500: http://ames.craigslist.org/mcy/816313023.html

an 03 for 3000: http://iowacity.craigslist.org/mcy/813623981.html

01 for 3700: http://desmoines.craigslist.org/mcy/773840153.html

02 for 2860: http://rockford.craigslist.org/mcy/788382219.html

I just re read your post and it looks like you are trading the sled for the kat and the 4 wheeler? if that's the case, then yes it's a good deal.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

i read he gets the kat and quad for the snowmobile .. which is a nice trade .. anything other than that .. hell no .. hope you become a katrider
          so many roads so little time

Comment

I will receive the 02' Katana with 11k miles and a 1988 Suzuki Quadracer 250 with new tires and in very good condition.

I just got off the phone with the guy and he will be here TODAY with my new rides!!!

Tom

Comment

shim to tappet valves is another 600 upgrade. The 600 is not different horse power the pre and post is the same engine. The 750 is different.

Comment

thats a great deal
                sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Good deal, nice ride.
                  Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    shim to tappet valves is another 600 upgrade. The 600 is not different horse power the pre and post is the same engine. The 750 is different.
                    Shim the tappet valves? I'll do a search but in the meantime..........whats the procedure and the gains?

Comment

No, hes saying that the post 98 bikes upgraded from annoying shim type valve adjusters to the tappet and locknut assembly. Means its easier to do valve adjustments because you don't need to buy a shim set. It's just maintenance.
                      The fuel injected Katana project

Comment

Originally posted by TheSteve View Post
                        No, hes saying that the post 98 bikes upgraded from annoying shim type valve adjusters to the tappet and locknut assembly. Means its easier to do valve adjustments because you don't need to buy a shim set. It's just maintenance.
                        That makes complete sense now!

Tom

Comment

Ask yourself this: How often can you ride the sled?
                          How often can you ride the bike?
                          How often can you ride the quad?

I was in the same situation. I traded my 72 Charger for my Kat and never looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
                            Ask yourself this: How often can you ride the sled?
                            How often can you ride the bike?
                            How often can you ride the quad?

I was in the same situation. I traded my 72 Charger for my Kat and never looked back.
                            Well to be honest I can usually ride the sled 4-5 months a year....the trail even runs right in back of were I work and I usually ride to work. The quad....I might end up selling it in the spring......who knows. The only reason I got rid of the sled was I had wrist surgery 2 weeks ago and I'll be in a cast for a while with rehab after that (killing my riding season).

So the good news on the bike.......I was wrong on the mileage.....only 7200. The bad news....it was on its side at one time. Light scratches on the left side.....most will rub out but 2 spots its through the paint and the engine cover has a few scratches. All in all its still in pretty good condition and if I can get a can of touch up paint I can easily fix the damage.

The quad is in great shape....only needs the rear brakes looked at.

Tom

Comment

Well, only you can make that decision. Trade, sell the quad, buy another sled.

Comment

Working...
                              X