No announcement yet.
X

When's the last time you got a ticket ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a speeding ticket for doing 91/70 about 4 years ago, bought a radar detector the next day, and the only ticket I've gotten since was 2.5 years ago for doing 75/70 in a company vehicle (we're not allowed to have detectors in them, which is why I didn't). I was only 19 at the time and I'm sure if I'd have been calm enough to explain to the cop that it was actually my company car and I wasn't some kid out driving mommy or daddy's company vehicle he'd have let me off entirely, but I wasn't real calm or thinking clearly at that point.

Haven't even been stopped since then, much less ticketed. Here's hoping that continues
    Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

I've only had one ticket ever (knock on wood) but it was a big one I was in the middle of nowhere doing 101 in a 75 zone. I've slowed down a lot since then.
      ~Jayson

Comment

I got one on April 29th for FAILURE TO YIELD RIGHT OF WAY! My court date is next tuesday to fight it. This cop was just giving me a hard time, so I'm hoping he doesn't show up.
        '01 TL1000R

Comment

About 4 years ago on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was 55 in a 35 zone or something. Since it was no points on my license, and those roads were so great, I almost say it was worth it!!!

Comment

Been pulled over about 6 times, only twice on the bike. 2 tickets (both in the cage) Both 20 over. First was when I was 16, 40 in a 20 (down a hill) and another almost a year later to the day, 85 in a 65.

Comment

last august. my first one ever. it came out to over $200 including traffic school i think the ticket itself was $175. i was going 57 in a 45
              Hello World.

Comment

ReyRey, when you become a cop, just take it off your record

Comment

^^hahaa!
                  Hello World.

Comment

I was just reading this thread and was reminded of my very first ticket, when I was 17. Driving home from work late at night, dead dog tired, and this cop said he had been following me for about 2 miles, before I noticed the lights in my mirror. He said I wasnt fleeing him apparently so he was just content to follow me/pace me to see how long it took me to notice!

Yeah, 175.00 later after goin 62 in a 40 and 4 points.. I learned to lookin my mirror more

Ive only gotten 3 in my lifetime I think.. so thats not too awful bad..no i take that back, 4 now that I think about it.

Comment

Last time I got a speeding ticket (4 years ago)
                      My wife told me to contest it because no one would belive the car could go that fast (48 MPH, thanks honey!) I "got out of it" by taking comedy drivers ed... That car was a POS but I "T" boned a new volvo (his fault) and nearly totalled it, the volvo that is.. the POS had no damage.. (the cop couldn't belive it either.) I finally had to get rid of it though...
                      On the way home from work I lost the alternator, water pump, head gasket and cracked the block all at the same time.. I'm probly gonna get a ticket right when I get home next week as my inspection is expireing as I type and I'll forget by the time I get home :P

Comment

well, u know that murphy, he's a pain in the arse sometimes !!

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                          Originally posted by 977blue
                          Probably been 12 or 13 years.
                          But don't you have a get out of tickets free card????
                          Yes, but I've only had it for just under 11 years.
                          I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

I've ne'er gotten a speeding ticket *knocks on wood*

only ticket I e'er got was for "driving without a licence" and that was a little o'er three yrs ago and it dissapeared in April.
                            - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

Usually about 1 every year to year and a half. Lucky enough to have never had one on my bike.

Keep it simple.....1+1=2

Comment

Working...
                              X