X

Roanoke Va??? anyone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roanoke Va??? anyone

so i'm looking for some riders in my are that know some good rides near roanoke va. any takers?
    Everyone Wangchun Tonight!

Northeast local forum would probably be the best place for this, but while I'm here...

Tons of good roads in the area. 116, can be a little crowded at times, but still a good road. 501, hell of a fun road, but a little north of you. Northfork Rd (IIRC, is a freaking awesome road. You are at one of the boring parts of the Skyline drive, but go north or south and it gets fun. I run through there once in a while, and nothing but good roads.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by lay'dbackkat View Post
      so i'm looking for some riders in my are that know some good rides near roanoke va. any takers?
      I might be around that area in one of the up coming near future weekends. I am going to ride into virginia for the sole purpose to ride 33 from harrisonburg to seneca, wv

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I used to live in Lynchburg and I always went off on the parkway.

Comment

I am only an hour away Let me me know something

Comment

yea i've been on the parkway a lot lately i'm looking for something more towards twisties, i'm not sure if yall have headed from roanoke to floyd on rt. 221 *bent mountain, but something like that.

Comment

Last time I was on 221, it was crowded and overpopulated with LEO's. I look at the map and see nothing but great rides, I just can't remember any of the old loops. Most of those were out of Bburg anyway though.

Other notes, You're less than 6 hours from Deal's Gap/Cherohala Skyway. Would make for a nice 3-4 day trip.
              Last edited by thetable; 09-09-2008, 10:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

yea Deal's Gap is definatley on my to do list, i'm hoping to cross it off by the end of this month, i dont know if i can make it down there before the tourist go sight seeing with the fall colors comin in.

Comment

Well, you could always ride up here to bluefield va, and hit the Big walker mountain by-way, its laid out with nothing but twisties, no break from start to finish. Could ride down near tazwell va, take a left at the Crab Orchard meseum and ride Thompson Valley (aka Frog Level) its a beautiful ride with one curve after another and decent road (watch for deer). Im less then 2 hours from roanoke, hit me up, I always just about have someplace to ride, or people to ride with that would be worth you making the trip.
                  Currently Riding:
                  1995 Katana 600
                  V&H Exhaust
                  Jet Kit

SOLD
                  2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
                  1987 XV700 Bobber
                  REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Working...
                  X