X

Heartattack in the rain..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heartattack in the rain..

Just a few weeks ago, I got a nail in my tire. My 06 Kat 600 just sat in the garage until I could get my tire shipped to my Uncle's house (he has a tire changer). I patched the nail hole (the second patch in the same rear tire because of a staple) and drove to my uncles house in a very light mist. Great, now the road is slick as all hell and I have two patches in my tire. As I continued forward on the two lane road, the idiot in front of me slammed his brakes on to pull into some restaurant. I quickly snapped my neck over my right shoulder and decided to change lanes because I didn't have enough time to stop. There were very thick tar strips in the middle of the two lanes and unfortunately I had to cross them. My back end started to fishtail and I could feel the tire start to spin. I felt my heart sink into my stomach. I cranked the throttle and eased out of it. A few seconds later, my steering got very tough. I pulled into my Uncle's house a few minutes later and found that the plug did not hold and my tire was leaking very bad. The Lord was watching over me on this trip. Thank God for quick reflexes and MSF knowledge.
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Thank God is right! Glad you're ok and you made it safe.
    Godspeed
    CSBA #1167
    Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Glad you made it to your Uncle's Ok. Hopefully, you had a change of underwear available. I certainly would have needed one.
      Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

Those stupid tar lines SUCK !!!! Had the bike slip on one of those more often then I cared to !!
        Guylaine
        Try and keep up now

Comment

the thing that gets me with riding in the rain is the steel expansion joints on bridges here in s.wv , most are at least 1 foot wide, and run the width of the bridge, when there wet, regardless of what type of tire, its slippery!
          Currently Riding:
          1995 Katana 600
          V&H Exhaust
          Jet Kit

SOLD
          2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
          1987 XV700 Bobber
          REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

I rode a nice twisty road the other day, wasn't long before the twisties turned in to a spiderweb of those tar lines. Bike slipped and grabbed every turn for about 4 miles.

oh yeah...glad your okay
            Last edited by jdm5770; 09-09-2008, 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X