No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walked past her a lot of times. Worked on the car all dang day.
    sigpic
    1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

• Installed mesh, cut my fender, and painted the windscreen! Busy day, had a lot of fun with it. Very happy with results!

Comment

• Rode her in the rain.
        sigpic
        1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

• Nothing...because she's still in the shop. ::flail::

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
          -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

• Put on new clear signal lens and led lights.
            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

• Took her for a ride in the rain to show off my paint job on the windshield!

Comment

• carb synch, replaced a crush washer in the front brake system (and accidentally sprayed brake fluid all over my paint), buffed the paint to repair damage from the brake fluid incident, put the left side fairings back on, adjusted clutch, cursed at the rain.
                sigpic
                »Ross Wendell
                »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

• Looked at mine wishing the weather would clear so I could take her for a spin
                  sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

• Sat on mine in the garage & talked to her. She likes getting talked to. Brushed the dust off the guages. Promised her a nice cleaning.. Weathers been crappy all week.
                    If you think routine maintenance is expensive,... Try Ignorance!

Comment

• Weds, did valve adjust, took my time, took about 6 hrs start to finish, started it, and sounded GREAT.

Thursday, start it up, ride, have a HORRIBLE clatter start under the cover.

Take it all apart again, find out a tappet lock nut spun off, and disappeared in teh engine.

so, all day, I tore off the oil cooler, and exhaust, and pan, found the nut, reinstalled, triple checked the torque on each nut after doing another valve adjust.

spent the rest of the day, til about 10:30pm reassembling. started it, took it for a 20 min test ride. sounds fine, hope it stays that way.

tomorrow it gets a bath to get all the greasy fingerprints off.

heres hoping nothing loosens up again, the last 2 days totally SUCKED

See My Garage for mods...
                      T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                      Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

• You got lucky . I know of one engine that blowed-up because of that . At the rally last year , as a matter of fact .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• Originally posted by md86 View Post
                          You got lucky . I know of one engine that blowed-up because of that . At the rally last year , as a matter of fact .

dont I know it!

luckily, it popped right down the oil return by cylinder 4.. not a mark on the nut.

I can only imagine if it had bounced into a spring while its being compressed...

rode her today before the rain.. alls good!

See My Garage for mods...
                          T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                          Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

• Rode her to town, musta got a little water in the gas or something on my last ride in the downpour cause she didn't wanna run to good for about 10 minutes or so. Smoothed back out after that tho and was good for the rest of the ride. (I think)
                            sigpic
                            1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

• today

took the kat to work and have been looking for a reason to leave, like hey we forgot a customers part and i have to go deliver it.
                              98 GSX750F Kat
                              07 GSF1250S Bandit (her's)

Comment

• Looked at her just before grabbing my umbrella and heading to work .....
                                The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Working...
                                X