No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't do this today, but yesterday I finally got around to cleaning and lubing the chain. It was nasty, and will probably take a few more cleanings before I get all the oil off (I used Dupont Teflon spray lube).

Also been trying to come up with a clever camera mount, but so far I've only been able to come up with a fairing mount, which is just too shaky for my camera. Looking for someplace I can mount directly to the frame (tank mounted isn't an option with my tinted windscreen), or possibly fabricate some fork mounted.

Comment

• Removed my brake lines only to find that the HEL lines are way too long (they hit the headers in the front). That was epic fail #1. I pulled off my carbs to adjust the pilot screws and check the float height, which went pretty well. Removed the chain in preparation for replacement only to find that the front sprocket holders and dampers are all chewed up. The bike must have thrown its chain at some point. It's only like $10 worth of parts but unless I can find them at a junkyard tomorrow the bike's gonna be out of commission for at least a couple weeks while I order parts and find time to install them. Epic fail #2.
      sigpic
      »Ross Wendell
      »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

• I look at her and wish I could ride her... it was thundering and lighting.
        2001 GSX 750-F Katana

"Greeneyedream"

Comment

• Sent my lines back to HEL with the original lines from the bike to make sure they get the new lines right. Set the float height and adjusted the pilot jet on my carbs (all the floats were at 12mm, reset to ~14.5mm and backed the pilot jets out to 2.5 from 2 turns). Got the carbs and airbox remounted. Switched out the rear sprocket and ordered new front sprocket dampers from Ron Ayers. Now I have to say goodbye to the kat for a couple weeks until I have a chance to come back to CT and finish fixing it.
          sigpic
          »Ross Wendell
          »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

• im going out to the dealership, checkin out the parts bike they are going to swap the motor from into mine, along with a whole bunch parts, including electrical. exhaust... etc. AND i get to keep everything. so i will have some parts for sale as soon as i get them.
            "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

• blew her a kiss good bye and said I'd see her after I get back from work.....
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

• maid sure the cover was on good, she has to sit out today so i can get some stuff done in the garage/shop
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• My Pazzo levers showed up, woohoo!
                  Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                  Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

• Rode her to work again..
                    sigpic
                    1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

• Rode her like I stole her. Just got confirmation on shipment of my shorty Pazzo's. Oh, the anticipation!!
                      '07 Yamaha FJR1300
                      '05 Katana 600

Comment

• Rode it to class.
                        02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                        90 GSXR 750/1216
                        96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                        87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                        sigpic

Comment

• Tried to make kittens...it didn't work.

Comment

• Removed carbs and started the full tear down and rebuild they have long been needing...

Ordered a few parts to finish that this weekend, and thought about starting the gel seat mod while the carbs are off and soaking...

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Originally posted by KatDawg View Post
                              Tried to make kittens...it didn't work.
                              A word of advice to ya Kev...Make sure its cooled down first and you didnt just get finished riding it!!! I heard your screams all the way over my place!!!!
                              Joker
                              The newest addition to the Family!
                              sigpic
                              stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

• Sent her off to the stealership to get the clutch plates replaced. I miss her already so much!
                                Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                                MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X