No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well yesterday I was riding home and I started to smell something similar to rotten eggs. So I get the Kat parked in the garage and I can really smell it now. My first thought was the clutch! I go out a few hours later to check on Kat. I fire her up and put her in first and she won’t go forward. So now it’s time for new clutch plates. Considering that the Kat had 66,000 miles on it when I bought it last year and now it has 75,000 miles on it I can only expect crap to keep breaking! I have spent more time and energy fixing her then riding and making her look sexy! Who knows how long she will be down this time considering that I am getting married in less than six weeks and my fiancée and I have paid for everything and really don’t have any spare cash to burn right now!
    Former Marine 3/97-3/01
    MOS 0161 Semper FI!
    sigpic

Comment

• Yesterday, I took the cover off, gave her her first bath and then took her out at sunset. I'm almost to 1000miles!!

But that'll be another post!

Comment

• Been having these "speed urges" lately. Last couple nights, on the way home from work, I've been blasting up I-85 hard. The first night, I got 135 (ind) and last night I got 120 (ind). I like the pull @ 7000 rpms and better. On the way in today, I was running about 80, so I dropped into 3rd and whacked the throttle. 110 mph came so fast, then 4th, and 5th. I always think how much more fun this bike would be with a 6trh gear ....... Oh Well.
        The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

• put a license plate on her

Comment

• humped her!!!
            With a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
            The hip hip a hop a you don't stop the rockin
            To the bang bang boogie
            Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Comment

• Picked up my parts from the dealership!!! Hopefully shell be running again this weekend!!! Yaaaaahhhhooooooo!
              Originally posted by arsenic
              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

• Originally posted by xxstreetdemonxx View Post
                BrianT,

Where did you get the frame sliders? And are they bolt/screw on or do you have to cut/drill to mount them? Also, where did you score the HID light kit at? I have been wanting one for my Kat..its an 06 600..I saw an Angel Eye kit on eBay but was a bit skeptical on it..I bought some carbon fiber mirrors that broke the 2nd day I had them..so..ya
                Frame sliders are bolt-on, just fairing removal required. Very satisifed. Got them from this guy - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=250432671918

HID kit came from this guy. Be sure to use the Best Offer, since he came down a good bit for me - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=180367159955

It's an all-out bixenon set, so it's a bit more than your basic low-beam HID's. I haven't installed the HID kit yet, so not sure about its longevity. Harnesses are clean & shrink-tubed. And the guy puts a lifetime warranty on ballasts AND BULBS.
                '07 Yamaha FJR1300
                '05 Katana 600

Comment

• Removed the gas tank, carbs, and camshafts.
                  02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                  90 GSXR 750/1216
                  96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                  87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                  sigpic

Comment

• Replaced my tach, oiled the chain real good, and then rode 140 miles. I'm a little sore.
                    sigpic
                    »Ross Wendell
                    »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

• tracked down and fixed a nasty fuel leak. jb welded the bracket that holds the taillight in place back on. instead of loosening the bolts that hold the taillight in, to fit a larger led bulb in there the PO pulled as hard as he can and snapped the whole bracket off to make room..

Comment

• Today I refrained from putting a fist into the gas tank after failing to start for me this morning. I think another KR member is probably right - the issue is likely that the choke cable isn't working. Haven't taken her apart enough to check it yet, but I've managed to start it every day up 'til now through persistence.

Can you check the choke cable actuation through the openings in the fairing?
                        '07 Yamaha FJR1300
                        '05 Katana 600

Comment

• finally worked on my front suspension
                          changed the front fork oil for some 20w, replaced the factory tubes with another ones 1" longer
                          WOW, what a difference on performance, why didnt i do this the first day i got it, makes me mad
                          97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
                          94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

• i put new rear breaks on.
                            2006 Katana 750, Bumble Bee replica
                            Bumblee Bee Tuna

Comment

• walked wight by it

*right
                              Last edited by ferrucci86; 06-26-2009, 10:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Rode it!

Comment

Working...
                                X