No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humm that doesnt sound right now that i think about it.
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mkWQWvYfUyM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mkWQWvYfUyM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

anyway i'm finally getting back to helping her learn to ride the first day i didnt get vid she went down due to the fact she went threw some mud in the yard where the waterhose leaked and the front wheel locked up on the mud and fender.
    this time she did infinatly better never fell just hasn't figured out the clutch compleatly on take offs but she only stalled the bike 3 times in a 3hr span. she's definatly getting better i think shes relaxing more now. a few more sessions and she'll be ready to hit a vacant parking lot. oh and fix the chain new masterlink
    shiny side up, at least when I'm not doing a barrel roll

Comment

• I sighed as I walked past it. I have to pull the airbox to install a new fuel line.... it won't happen till next weekend by the looks of it. On the bright side....I'll be on vacation for two months as of next Friday and I'll make up for lost Kat time.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

• so i'm lookin into doin a tune up.. i've put 5k miles on my pre750 w/out doing anything but change the oil. so now that i saw how to pull the tank and get to the plugs and wires and air filter, what would you recommend for replacements. from what i've read, i will gaurantee i will NOT use a k&n.. but for plugs and wires will simple cheap autozone stuff work, is there a certain plug that is better than others?? i'm gettin about 200 miles to a tank, even w/ a 42t rear sprocket and riding conservatively. i imagine it couldnt hurt. i just hit 18k miles on the bike last week so i figure it's time to do some work on her....
        my garage:
        96 Kat 750, stage 1 jet, 4-1 w/ slip-on, led's all around, 10000k HID headlight, 42t rear sprocket
        03 Audi A4...SOLD, 1.8t quattro, APR stage 2, 18's, eyelids, rear lip spoiler, 3" tp, apr sport catback, apr BOV, 380cc injectors, 250hp, 300lb/ft...
        97 Isuzu Rodeo, tint, stereo, tow hitch.. nuff said...

find me on facebook.. [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by festerfm View Post
          so i'm lookin into doin a tune up.. i've put 5k miles on my pre750 w/out doing anything but change the oil. so now that i saw how to pull the tank and get to the plugs and wires and air filter, what would you recommend for replacements. from what i've read, i will gaurantee i will NOT use a k&n.. but for plugs and wires will simple cheap autozone stuff work, is there a certain plug that is better than others?? i'm gettin about 200 miles to a tank, even w/ a 42t rear sprocket and riding conservatively. i imagine it couldnt hurt. i just hit 18k miles on the bike last week so i figure it's time to do some work on her....
          Cyberpoet has air filters and plugs:

Comment

• I stared at her long and hard and let out a sad sigh. Couldn't ride today the weather has been garbage
            1999 Katana 750

Comment

• Installed the 2nd frame slider, then took the Mrs. out for a quick ride to grab some dinner. Planned to install the HID kit that came in last week, but need to get some mounting hardware first.
              '07 Yamaha FJR1300
              '05 Katana 600

Comment

• I took a friend for her first ride with me as a passenger. She also happened to be my first ever passenger on the kat. It was fun but I was real cautious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazybert View Post
                  I took a friend for her first ride with me as a passenger. She also happened to be my first ever passenger on the kat. It was fun but I was real cautious.
                  Yeah, my wife was my first passenger about a month ago. I was a bit nervous, although I wouldn't let her know it. 7 rides later with her, and now it's nbd. She has a blast, and so do I. And to think she was soooo ****ed when she found out I bought the bike - she swore she'd never get on it.
                  '07 Yamaha FJR1300
                  '05 Katana 600

Comment

• I ride to work every day and I noticed today as I got off my bike that someone the nite before, pretty much destroyed my fender eliminator by yanking on my license plate real hard. Well..it blew the first to nuts and bolts through my fairing on the rear and the sheet metal part that is mounting my turn signals and plate frame is sagging and hits up and down..

So..this is what I did to my Katana today..

I used some nice fresh black electrical tape and taped it to the pointy end of my rear fairing and around the base plate of the eliminator to secure it like it was bolted...so it dont smack up and down all the time..

I have to see if I can re drill two new holes and re position them or else I', screwed.

To the jerk or jerks that did this last nite...if by the grace of god you are somehow someway reading this...Please do more..so I can catch you in the act..It's been a while since I have shot my Glock .45...I can use target practice.

BrianT,

Where did you get the frame sliders? And are they bolt/screw on or do you have to cut/drill to mount them? Also, where did you score the HID light kit at? I have been wanting one for my Kat..its an 06 600..I saw an Angel Eye kit on eBay but was a bit skeptical on it..I bought some carbon fiber mirrors that broke the 2nd day I had them..so..ya
                    Last edited by xxstreetdemonxx; 06-22-2009, 09:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    -2006 Suzuki Katana 600
                    -Yoshimura Carbon Fiber RS-3 Zyclone
                    -DynoJet Stage 1 Jet Kit
                    -K&N Hi-Flo Air Filter
                    -Fender Eliminator
                    -ProGrip EVO 725 Race Grips
                    -Upgraded Front Sprocket
                    Stage 3 Jet is coming soon..I'll let ya know.

Comment

• i picked it up off its side after the wife moved her altima off of it....
                      2006 Katana 750, Bumble Bee replica
                      Bumblee Bee Tuna

Comment

• Put the new(used) starter on, TRIED to put the air box on, then found out that the boots are the wrong ones. Runs better though.

-Mike-
                        sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
                        2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                        2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• Originally posted by seriss_cweald View Post
                          i picked it up off its side after the wife moved her altima off of it....
                          Yikes! not a good day.

Got my rear sprocket today, waiting on the front.
                          Let's go riding!

Comment

• Four quarts of Mobil 1 and a new filter.

Comment

• i looked at it and thought i better dust it off, then went in the house. my kid will wash it for me

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

• I took it out of storage and to the shop. I really wish I had the tools, time and space to work on it myself. I would definitely be saving a lot of money.
                                Grab life by the horns and punch it in the nose!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X