X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Edbean View Post
    Ill be back april 17th (my birthday) for that whole weekend if you want some help. And as long as your bike isn't furry again
    Now if that was leopard printed then maybe
    Former Marine 3/97-3/01
    MOS 0161 Semper FI!
    sigpic

Comment

• Ok well it wasn't actually today, but hey here it goes anyway...
      I replaced the front axle, cleaned and reset the front calipers, switched front tire to my new rim and installed. Got new gear, jacket, gloves, and boots, and went riding!
      Whew, what a day. Next is gonna be a bearing swap...
      Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

• Got mine registered today, would have done it two weeks ago but i've been too busy...*sigh*
        2001 Kat 600

sigpic

Comment

• adjusted the slack out of my chain...it was rediculous. got the levers where i wanted them and went and rolled some burnouts on the overpass!
          1995 katana 600

Comment

• Mounted temporarily a tag and turn signal mount, with a temp tag light. Got the bike inspected.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Set to ride

Although it was yesterday, I changed the oil and installed my new K&N Air Filter. Installed new flush mount lights on the tail. Installed some missing bolts on the front fender. Then, I went on a test ride and discovered I gained 50HP with all these mods....
              sigpic

Comment

• went on my first real road trip

today was my first road trip. i went with 2 gixxers 600s and a ninja 700. we had an absolute blast. i love riding my bike to work and back but to ride with other people is jsut so much fun. BTW, anyone ever get pulled becasue they were going to slow? it happened to day. i was like are you kidding me? anyway, even that was just funny. all in all, was a gorgeous day to be riding. i am still new to riding so didn't even try to keep up with the gixxers and couldn't even i wanted to but man it was so much fun. will be doing that again!!
                R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

• Just put a new choke cable in! Cleaned her all up and she's so pretty. Excited for the ride to work in the morning!
                  Originally posted by katanawarrior
                  I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

• drove to work and back then went for a ride with 2 buddies 1 06 636 and 1 08 r6 kept up with both of them

Comment

• Clean, clean and clean!

Today I stripped all the fairings off, cleaned out the seaside muck and salt! We spent the Easter weekend travelling to, around and back from Cornwall - 700 miles in three days! Best thing is I had no achey behind or stiff back!!
                      HeidiV
                      ***Shiny side up***

Royal British Legion, Riders Branch

Comment

• Originally posted by HeidiV View Post
                        Today I stripped all the fairings off, cleaned out the seaside muck and salt! We spent the Easter weekend travelling to, around and back from Cornwall - 700 miles in three days! Best thing is I had no achey behind or stiff back!!

That ride sounds sensational, Heidi! You must have the suspension set up perfectly. I think I'll try taking a couple turns off the pre-load on mine; the ride is a bit stiffer than I like.

I do a bit of coastal riding around the Great Ocean Road here in Oz, but have never accumulated enough muck under the fairings to take 'em off and clean. Regular washing and a bit of a spray seems to take care of all the underside for me. Hm...then again, it doesn't rain much here!

Hope you have a great season of riding ahead!
                        High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

• Originally posted by Absyn-thesis View Post
                          That ride sounds sensational, Heidi! You must have the suspension set up perfectly. I think I'll try taking a couple turns off the pre-load on mine; the ride is a bit stiffer than I like.

I do a bit of coastal riding around the Great Ocean Road here in Oz, but have never accumulated enough muck under the fairings to take 'em off and clean. Regular washing and a bit of a spray seems to take care of all the underside for me. Hm...then again, it doesn't rain much here!

Hope you have a great season of riding ahead!
                          Ha ha! Ubetcha! I haven't changed the setup at all - so I thank the previous owner from the bottom of my heart!

I normally hose the bike down after a ride (husband thinks I'm mental!!) mostly because I like to keep her looking shiny (!!) but after riding through the winter there were some not so easy to clean patches, so thought I'd treat her to a thorough job! Got me some grease under my fingernails and ruined my favourite jeans, but it was too much fun to complain!!

Hope yours is a good 'un, too!
                          HeidiV
                          ***Shiny side up***

Royal British Legion, Riders Branch

Comment

• Pulled the lowers and will probably change oil this weekend. I feel a "yard and car day" coming on this weekend. I need to change the oil in my jeep and my bike and start the year's yard projects.
                            The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

• Gave it a new home

sold it

Comment

• put some matching fairing bolts on, padded the gas tank so it sits firmly in place. and no have a nearly complete bike!

and rode it on the freeway for the 2nd and 3rd times ever!
                                "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X