No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted put on the $ 700 dollars worth of brakes and rotors i just bought but....(sucks not having a center stand) Rode for a while, cleaned her up a bit.
    Never be afraid of DIY. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

• Went to store for gallon of iced tea. Went on a 200 mile ride the day before went south for warmer weather.

Comment

• Broke the new pipe in some. Rode a few hours with Scout, then from J-town to Altoona (Eh, 50ish miles I guess). Gonna try to do about a hundred miles tomorrow if Pennsylvania cooperates.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
        -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

• Changed her oil and pulled the wheels off for a tire change...she looks all sad on the triple tree stand and the paddock stand with no wheels : (

I did notice what looked like an oil leak from the filter, although it could be from where the oil cooler pipes exit the pan ( I hope not)
          Best Link Ever

MANBABIES!!!

Comment

• The weather was Gorgeous here over the weekend so on Saturday I changed the oil & filter. Cleaned and lubed the chain really good, (you could eat off it now) bled the brakes and I have a nice firm brake squeeze now. Then I gave her a nice bath. Now this Saturday I am going in for some new Conti Road Attacks. Yessir. It will be the 1st time I have had radials on the bike.
            'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
            ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
            ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Comment

• Good ride and added parts

Went out Sat. for about 150miles, it ran great, I have been riding off and on all winter. I just replaced the 750 Crown with a 600 to lower the bars a bit more.. Have not had a chance to ride it yet cause of rain but it cannot rain all week (I Hope) Here are some pics. OH yes Polished or should I powder coat it?? Any thoughts..

Eric

Last edited by EBritain; 03-09-2009, 10:09 PM. Reason: added pic
              "I am not going faster officer, everyone else is going slower than I was"

Comment

• Leave it polished!

Today I finally put on my new rotors. Rode a little while to start bed them in.
                Last edited by BWBuer; 03-09-2009, 11:38 PM.
                Never be afraid of DIY. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

• Pics of my new rotors i installed today.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Comm/Nav View Post

I did notice what looked like an oil leak from the filter, although it could be from where the oil cooler pipes exit the pan ( I hope not)
                    The 2 pipes up front ? If that's actually the case , that'd be either a torque problem (break out the wrench) , or crush washer . IN either case , an easy fix .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• got the bike back from the shop.... apparently just needed a rest and a few minor adjustments. and it runs perfect!!! had a close call with a metro bus within five minutes of my first ride, going around a bend, i was in my lane and the metro bus comes almost halfway into mine, had to gun it while in the turn. then in dowtown cinci, i was the first car in a right turn only lane, and the car in the lane next to me decides to cut me off in the turn... other than those, it was a great day to ride, the rain they called for, never came!!
                      "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by labbatom90 View Post
                        got the bike back from the shop.... apparently just needed a rest and a few minor adjustments. and it runs perfect!!! had a close call with a metro bus within five minutes of my first ride, going around a bend, i was in my lane and the metro bus comes almost halfway into mine, had to gun it while in the turn. then in dowtown cinci, i was the first car in a right turn only lane, and the car in the lane next to me decides to cut me off in the turn... other than those, it was a great day to ride, the rain they called for, never came!!

Close calls! Glad you were paying attention, good job!

I took it to run a few errands around town on Sunday..
                        02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                        90 GSXR 750/1216
                        96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                        87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                        sigpic

Comment

• Dropped the bike off at the shop for carbs. worked on shops computers for a nice discount!!!

Comment

• Got her out of storage today. Gonna ride tomorrow. WooooHoooo!

Comment

• Cleaned her up, changed the choke cable. Took it out for a little ride.
                              2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                              BMC Notorious 918 HT
                              2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

• I rode my bike today for the first time in 4 months, felt good.

Comment

Working...
                                X