No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday I had a late ish night pulling the forks off the 750 project bike. Needed new dust covers , seals, and to put on a new tire. Dropped the stuff at the shop on Thursday and now waiting... and cruising the forum!
    1993 GSX750F Katana
    16K miles
    Bone stock
    Not running, yet...

Comment

• Originally posted by November View Post
      Wednesday I had a late ish night pulling the forks off the 750 project bike. Needed new dust covers , seals, and to put on a new tire. Dropped the stuff at the shop on Thursday and now waiting... and cruising the forum!
      Could of done that yourself. Hell, you did the hardest part of the whole job.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• It finally stopped raining here at the same time I was home so I could go out and test fit the new chain. I haven't cut it yet, but tagged it at 112 links, then ran it around the sprockets to see where the adjusters would end up once cut/assembled. Looks pretty good. A bit too much slack at the big adjuster marks, but is well within range before hitting the first small adjuster mark. Unfortunately that's all I had time for today, but fortunately I can at least cut the chain indoors, so next nice day I should be able to fit it up and get the Kat all back together!

Comment

• I did a thing

She is running great now, only made 135hp @ 88tq :/
          -still have some more stuff to do

https://youtu.be/InvD9_lWeY0
          Tekgnomes Crazy Custom Fighter
          The Screaming Banshee <

Big Bore B12 swapped madness

Comment

• Originally posted by Tekgnome View Post
            I did a thing

there really is no replacement for displacement.
            We may not always win the game, but we never lose the party.

Comment

• Amazing how much progress one can make when there's more than 30 minutes available at a shot and the parts in hand at least mostly match up with what the manual says you should have.

Rear wheel back on (with a hardware store washer as extra spacer to get the cotter pin inside the castellations). Clutch cover back on. Plastics mostly back on. Shift linkage on *except* for the splined end not yet tightened down (pending a question about how far back it should be installed). I'm just finalizing the linkage position, tightening that bolt and 4 remaining fasteners on the lower plastics away from a test ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tekgnome View Post
                I did a thing

LMAO! A thing. You did a lot more than A thing
                1998 Katana 750
                1992 Katana 1100
                2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrontime View Post
                  there really is no replacement for displacement.
                  Eh 1216 and it's still not making quite what I want.

I mean it's certainly not a slouch, at 3,500rpm it's nearly 70 lbs of torque.

Its an absolute riot on the street.

4lbs of boost could really wake the engine up

On a side note

My leg gets a little hot sitting in traffic those are some decent flames on decel, look how charred my swing arm is.

https://youtu.be/PxVPcDIHwQc

This video is much better.

Pro stock performance and dyno really knows there stuff guys.

I can't recommend them enough to people for these old oil cooled engines.
                  Last edited by Tekgnome; 07-29-2017, 01:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  The Screaming Banshee <

Comment

• I had a built to the hilt 103 harley, 1690cc and it was under 90 hp lol. 135 isnt bad. I get that its apples and oranges but still

Its 110 degrees outside. Today is the day my friend says i can use his tire machine to mount and balance my tires.... yay!
                    Last edited by Mrontime; 07-29-2017, 04:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• I got my rear tire mounted, i think the insane heat worked in my favor because it was pretty easy. Got it back on the bike, odi ruffian grips came in, monday is lookin like the 4/1 header will be here.... im getting itchy lol. I remeber when you started a project and waited 4 to 6 weeks for a catalog that had laughably few actual parts in it. And the ones you did need would be back ordered, but you paid allready and now you just had to wait. For custom and restoration we live in an amazing time, whatever you choose to be into is just a click away to make it your own.

Comment

• Not really my katana, although it was in the shop with me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEvLLZgpuRg
                        The Screaming Banshee <

Comment

• I road through Hawk's Nest, NY several times. Headed home through Shohola and back to my Monroe County home.

Comment

• Completed the chain and sprocket operation. She's back on 2 wheels again. Too hot and humid to test ride though. I was dripping wet just after putting the shift linkage and last 4 plastics fasteners on tonight!

Comment

• I bought my love today. Its cheaper that way. Ordered the rear shock and yoshi pipe. Another 140 spent brings the grand total to just under $900.00 and thats counting what i originally paid for the gixxer i stole the forks from, the new tires i ordered and even the 16" tire i decided not to use.

Comment

• Took my downpipes off, I was quite apprehensive about trying to get the bolts off. So 3 days of penetrating oil and a prayer to the goddess of rust and then each bolt gave a little squeak before easing out. Now to see if someone will weld my link pipe.

Comment

Working...
                                X