No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't do anything on the bike as it's a little cold here for riding at the moment, gone are my winter rides. I have turned into a summer biker.... But what I did do is fit some cheap Bluetooth headsets to my helmet and the wife's. They were Ž£70 the pair on amazon. Seem to work well around the house, not tried on the bike yet. Did suggest we try them in the car with the windows open but the idea was dismissed....

Comment

• I added LED lights so I can actually see down the road. I made the mounts from some scrap steel I had laying around. Sandwiched them between the mirrors and the extenders I made. Put a piece of 3M double-sided tape and a thin piece of rubber between the mount and the light bracket. It helps to keep it from twisting or moving once adjusted. The lights made a HUGE improvement when riding the twisty roads at night and they didn't seem to affect the mirrors at all.

Bought the lights for $37 each - http://www.alpena.ca/

Sorry about the dirty bike - it was freakishly warm here yesterday so I went for a ride and tested out the lights. Very happy with the results.

Attached Files
      2005 Katana 750

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Man View Post
        I added LED lights so I can actually see down the road. I made the mounts from some scrap steel I had laying around. Sandwiched them between the mirrors and the extenders I made. Put a piece of 3M double-sided tape and a thin piece of rubber between the mount and the light bracket. It helps to keep it from twisting or moving once adjusted. The lights made a HUGE improvement when riding the twisty roads at night and they didn't seem to affect the mirrors at all.

Bought the lights for $37 each - http://www.alpena.ca/

Sorry about the dirty bike - it was freakishly warm here yesterday so I went for a ride and tested out the lights. Very happy with the results.

How does one post pictures on Katriders? Is it after so many posts? I am working on a 1990 KAT 600 that has been garage kept since 1999 and could post some pics of some of the stuff I am doing.
        2004 KTM 525 EXC
        2004 KTM 200 EXC
        1990 Suzuki GSX600F
        1978-1/2 AMF/H-D Low Rider 1200

Comment

• I got the wife to run up a new tool roll with a little more space for Allen keys etc. It won't fit under the rubber holder in the tail light area but under the seat is no issue. I plan to get a tubeless tyre repair kit that will fill the space. In anticipation of brake bleeding I have started to spray some penetrating oil onto the nipples. The bike has been sat for a month or so as it's needs a new front tyre but a quick charge of the battery and it started after 20s, not bad as it's been sat outside at - 5c for a couple of weeks.

Comment

• After multiple days of trying, I was finally able to order a manometer (long story, don't ask, I hate credit cards and online order now). Also went out and grabbed the airbox so I can reattach it to the carbs one of these evenings to prepare for the upcoming reassembly and sync.

Comment

• I watch it collect dust every day... lol
              http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
              http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
              '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
              "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
              "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

• Reattached the airbox to carbs this morning. Now I get why you don't want to detach it unless completely necessary. What a pain. Not complicated, but is just awkward.

Manometer arrived just a few minutes ago too. Installed the dampers in the lines and read the instructions. Hopefully soon...

Comment

• Originally posted by dnelli View Post
                  How does one post pictures on Katriders? Is it after so many posts? I am working on a 1990 KAT 600 that has been garage kept since 1999 and could post some pics of some of the stuff I am doing.

today I pushed it around the shop :/
                  1988 GSX1100FJ
                  sigpic
                  Instagram @derdmn
                  1976 Dodge Aspen 225 slant six
                  2013 Chevy Equinox 2.3 EcoTec (plans for turbo system)

Comment

• I pulled the cover off it and getting ready to send it out for maintenance, since I have not rode it since 2012. Time to start riding again.

Comment

• I locked it up, I rode it a few days last week and its like a caged Tiger now! Safe and sound in the garage till next ride : )
                      yep, I think I'm finally responsible enough to ride a bike that I don't have to pedal ; )

Comment

• New PR4 up front. Old one was bald and cupped. My fault on the cupping. It was low on air for a while and I thought the crappy handling was a result of the shitty local roads and the tire already needing to be replaced.
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• I uncovered mine, started it, got the float needles stuck, puked fuel all over my patio annoyed my neighbours cause it hit the red-line when it flooded and made alot of noise, then covered it back up and retreated inside

Comment

• Stared at it on the back porch because it was a cool but very windy day. Yay first post!
                            2006 Katana 600, black, yoshi exhaust

I'm a recovering Harley rider. This speed thing is a whole new world to me!

Comment

• Put some more of the parts back on it.

Comment

• I rode in the NGa mtns yesterday. Saw snow above 3000' then rain. Was better than not riding.
                                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                                X