No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a new V-strom 650 to keep my Katana company in the garage today.
    1993 Suzuki 750 Katana
    2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650
    2012 Ski Doo Summit SP 800 ETEC
    1958 Cessna 182 Skylane

Comment

• I finally found the right coloured right-side faring panel! A little damaged from a previous crash but a bit of filler will sort that out.

Comment

• I finally got my girlfriend to hop on the back and run with me for a few miles .. she got scared at 95 mph on the way home .. I had to run it fast tho cuz I just did oil/filter last night and rhino lined the lower fairings, my gf just happened to be on the back for the run up to 10,500 rpm LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by GoFastAngelYYZ View Post
          I finally got my girlfriend to hop on the back and run with me for a few miles .. she got scared at 95 mph on the way home .. I had to run it fast tho cuz I just did oil/filter last night and rhino lined the lower fairings, my gf just happened to be on the back for the run up to 10,500 rpm LOL
          ...why exactly is getting it up to 10500rpm needed?
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• I cleaned and loosened my front disk rotor bobbins. One disc was floating the other didn't.

Comment

• Did the Highwood Pass in Kananaskis, Alberta! Good times!

Comment

• Started taking it apart due to a suspected stuck float. Not a good day for working on the bike. I was drenched in sweat within 15 minutes of starting. Stopped after an hour as I've been spinning my wheels for the last 15 minutes. Figured I'd open a help request on the forums...

Comment

• I filled the tank and have come out into the Yorkshire dales with the wife to see if I can empty it again

Comment

• Fell off mine. The bike was going slower and slower. I thought that the motor was getting tighter but the found out something was wrong with the front brakes. They were binding and got so hot the pads were smoking. I pulled off onto the dirt on the side and of course the front wheel locked up instantly and down I went albeit at about 1kph (less than 1mph). Damage - left mirror, left indicator lens and a small hole in the crankcase. Parts for 1983 1100 Kat are difficult to source but managed to sort the whole thing out and my baby is back on the road. Them old Kats are tough!!!
                    MelWain

Comment

• Originally posted by 1LE View Post
                      Started taking it apart due to a suspected stuck float. Not a good day for working on the bike. I was drenched in sweat within 15 minutes of starting. Stopped after an hour as I've been spinning my wheels for the last 15 minutes. Figured I'd open a help request on the forums...
                      carbs 101 or 102 depending on year model
                      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Finished fork rebuild, back on bike, now need time for test ride.
                        2002 750 Kat
                        2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                        1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                        2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

• I sent it on its way with its happy new owner.
                          1993 Suzuki 750 Katana
                          2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650
                          2012 Ski Doo Summit SP 800 ETEC
                          1958 Cessna 182 Skylane

Comment

• Rebuilt carbs, rejetted and synced. Adjusted valves, installed new plugs and Yoshimura RS-3 Street Series Slip-On Exhaust. installed custom passenger back rest.

Not sure how to upload some pics of the work...

Comment

• More time in on trying to pull the carbs. Didn't really make any progress. The instructions I'm using don't make any sense to me. Will go back and re-read carbs 101 and compare with what this book says.

Comment

• Originally posted by BSantrac View Post
                                Rebuilt carbs, rejetted and synced. Adjusted valves, installed new plugs and Yoshimura RS-3 Street Series Slip-On Exhaust. installed custom passenger back rest.

Not sure how to upload some pics of the work...
                                Pics need to be hosted by another site such as photobucket. Upload them there, then copy/paste the link they give you. Just gotta paste the link into the box where you're typing.
                                1998 Katana 750
                                1992 Katana 1100
                                2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
                                X