No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday shimmed the kickstand, fixed a fault with the highbeams (ground was burned out, likely due to a previous bit of tinkering, shouldn't be an issue anymore) and rebuilt rear caliper, replaced pads, and bled. Today: front break systems.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• rode the Cherohala Skyway
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• today I fitted the front post wheel on my 88 pre... was rubbing... still in progress.
        My girlfriend came with me... so... I HAVE PICS!

Before:

After:
        Last edited by rarva; 07-15-2016, 06:07 PM.
        GSX 600f '88
        ------------
        Custom "Ricardo Amado" OEM Style Led Gauges | Gear Display OEM Style Mod | GSX400f Gas/Oil Temp OEM Style Mod | '94 BST33ST Carbs | '96 GSX750f Swingarm Mod | '01 GSX600f Wheels Swap Mod | R6 Competition Rear Suspension Mod | 15/49 Sprockets 525 Chain Conversion | Dyna Beads | '89 GSXR750 Cams

Comment

• Today I started the bike, and took for a ride after 6 months working on the babie.
          changed so many things... too tired to list them... but just happy to ride her again!!!
          A couple of pics (not dressed yet).

Last edited by rarva; 07-21-2016, 08:47 PM.
          GSX 600f '88
          ------------
          Custom "Ricardo Amado" OEM Style Led Gauges | Gear Display OEM Style Mod | GSX400f Gas/Oil Temp OEM Style Mod | '94 BST33ST Carbs | '96 GSX750f Swingarm Mod | '01 GSX600f Wheels Swap Mod | R6 Competition Rear Suspension Mod | 15/49 Sprockets 525 Chain Conversion | Dyna Beads | '89 GSXR750 Cams

Comment

• Rode it! (instead of working on it for once)
            1993 Suzuki 750 Katana
            2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650
            2012 Ski Doo Summit SP 800 ETEC
            1958 Cessna 182 Skylane

Comment

• I adjusted my chain and turned up the preload so I could take my wife out for the first time in 10 years. Even 2up the Katana still pulls very well, I was surprised. Took a bit of getting used to round abouts and the extra weight on braking but it soon came back to me.

Comment

• Tore down the top end on the 88 GSX600FJ

The rest of the bike is ready to go once I finish the rebuild on the engine.

My 1988 Suzuki Katana GSX600FJ Restoration. After buying this exact bike in 1988 and riding it from NJ to California in 1988 and back a year later, I sold it with about 21k miles in October of 1991. Since then, I had regretted it and decided to search for the bike with the old VIN number in February of 2015. Could not believe I found it for sale on Craigslist, bought it sight unseen, and finally picked it up. The previous owners changed to aftermarket fairings and had a blue tank on it. The seat was recovered in black vinyl. It still had the signal lights and Vance and Hines exhaust I installed on it. The restoration is now completed in May of 2017, exactly 29 years after the original purchase. I paid $3199 for it when it was new. The total purchase, powder coating, machine shop, and parts added up to $3208. Aside from the powder coating, boring the cylinders, head work, and fork rebuilds, I completed all of the work myself. Even handled the start up, balancing of the carbs, and tuning to be a daily rider. Of course it will not be, as I think I burned 8 of my 9 lives on this thing back in the 80's. Please check out the shots and share your thoughts!

-JL

Comment

• looking good!

Originally posted by jonnylit View Post
                  The rest of the bike is ready to go once I finish the rebuild on the engine.

My 1988 Suzuki Katana GSX600FJ Restoration. After buying this exact bike in 1988 and riding it from NJ to California in 1988 and back a year later, I sold it with about 21k miles in October of 1991. Since then, I had regretted it and decided to search for the bike with the old VIN number in February of 2015. Could not believe I found it for sale on Craigslist, bought it sight unseen, and finally picked it up. The previous owners changed to aftermarket fairings and had a blue tank on it. The seat was recovered in black vinyl. It still had the signal lights and Vance and Hines exhaust I installed on it. The restoration is now completed in May of 2017, exactly 29 years after the original purchase. I paid $3199 for it when it was new. The total purchase, powder coating, machine shop, and parts added up to $3208. Aside from the powder coating, boring the cylinders, head work, and fork rebuilds, I completed all of the work myself. Even handled the start up, balancing of the carbs, and tuning to be a daily rider. Of course it will not be, as I think I burned 8 of my 9 lives on this thing back in the 80's. Please check out the shots and share your thoughts!

-JL
                  looking good!
                  GSX 600f '88
                  ------------

Comment

• Today I abandoned mine at the end of the driveway after an aborted attempt to ride to work. Sigh.

It was warming up and I was getting my gear on to leave home when I noticed the idle started dropping. I then found that the choke lever no longer had any impact on RPMs. Responded to throttle normally. After that I then heard what sounded like a waterfall and noticed the gas pouring down the engine and pooling under the bike. Hit the cutoff and waited while smoke came rolling out the right exhaust pipe for a couple minutes. After a bit I was pretty sure it wasn't going to catch on fire (pool evaporated, engine cooling off, no more dripping, and no more smoke), so left for work in a car instead (although, I did push the bike down the driveway so it wouldn't be near the house, JUST in case). Oddly, the whole time the engine sounded just fine, smooth as always, no missing. I guess I have a new repair project!

As a side note, I think I need to lube my kickstand. I found that it operated MUCH smoother when soaked in all the gas that was running down that way...

Comment

• Back home after work and the Kat did not burn up while I was gone, nor did anyone steal it. Only appears to gush gas when running. When it's off, it stays dry, so it's safe to put back in storage vs. having to leave it outside.

On a side note: just from pushing it around there's oil leaking from the forks still. The Seal Mate tool pulled a lot of dirt out of my seals (surprising since they have maybe 400 miles on them and were replaced just last year). Did not appear to solve the cause of the leak in my case though. I'll be keeping it in my toolkit however as the first thing to try before spending the time and money on full overhauls. This case though, well, I'll be overhauling them again this Winter I guess.

Comment

• I remembered it and smiled large.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

• finally washed mine today and waxed it, after a few years ive finally posted on here again lol
                          sigpic
                          -Cory-
                          1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

• 3d printed new rear turn signals. evil lookin multicolored muhfuggas.
                            charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

• I uncovered it n worked on it,covered it back up n went inside and ordered sum new parts 4 it..!

Comment

• sounds familiar ^^
                                Steve
                                94 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                                X